2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What a story.... you sir own the hard as F....K award for the season... i can't imagine the pain that you went through... Thats some marine scout sniper stuff right there... Recap: rode sled in... broke femur..don't panic its only 1 cm way from my femoral artery.WTF !!! flip sled off broken leg.. then back on skis.. turn sled around..DRIVE DOWN the trail.. Ahh ill just drive myself to the hospital.....Dont forget to log on and make sure everyone has a decent snow report... With pictures..

Wow i salute you sir

well said Rusty! I suppose this would be a good time to say, this is an example of why riding alone no matter what you're going out to do can be a VERY bad idea.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping for a speedy recovery. At least you have one of the most bad ass stories of the season?

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well said Rusty! I suppose this would be a good time to say, this is an example of why riding alone no matter what you're going out to do can be a VERY bad idea.

Thanks Everyone, So no Surgery, No wieght bearing cast for 2 weeks, A CT scan in 2 weeks to see extent of tenant damage. **** Happens but yes Tyler this is a perfect time to bring up DO NOT Sled ALONE and do not sled without your avygear of course but a 2 way radio, u can be just over an edge and your buddies cant find you but a simple crappy tire 50$ for 2 radios can be life or death. Yours as your laying there or your buddy searching frantically trying to find you on socked in day and driving over an edge meanwhile you where safe just buried or caught up in a tree, or u are really hurt and u can tell them to go for help.
Back on track let it snow let it snow, once these 2- 872 engines arrive and i get installed i might need volunteers to break them in. That be a sucky volunteer job lol.
Again thanks everyone. Ill be on the snow soon enough.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
avy pack would have been good. push under sled and pull the trigger, up pops the sled out you go from under it. agree though by yourself tough time to come out . staying calm was your way out, sorry to hear about the accident. should be insured under the club insurance if you were doing club work, not sure if you care at this time about that. hope you heal quick

Valemount Skier

Reaction score
I was up Clemina on Saturday. Only about 18 inches of snow at new cabin. Beautiful day to be out for a ski tour, hardly a cloud in the sky.

Attachments

• 2014-11-15-01.jpg
    2014-11-15-01.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 683

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I probably sled and quad/dirt bike - combined 8-10000 km. around 2500-3000 of them alone. This is one of the big risks. I do take a fully charged phone and wear a chest protector and other safety gear. Risky to do it for sure. I hope you recover soon !

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you haven't been found by others... TOO late.

A satellite messenger should be on your Christmas list..

Take care.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, lets keep hoping that the forecast is going to hold true. This is one of the longest dry spells I have seen in November. We have some forecasted precipitation to begin tomorrow. We all know things can change in a matter of days, so fingers crossed that we can begin our season on schedule.

I know some of you diehards will prove me wrong although I am still calling "no access" in Valemount at this time.

Sorry everyone, but I have to call it like I see it

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, lets keep hoping that the forecast is going to hold true. This is one of the longest dry spells I have seen in November. We have some forecasted precipitation to begin tomorrow. We all know things can change in a matter of days, so fingers crossed that we can begin our season on schedule.

I know some of you diehards will prove me wrong although I am still calling "no access" in Valemount at this time.

Sorry everyone, but I have to call it like I see it

Has the snow made it to the parking lot at allen creek yet?

Dougie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever gone riding in the North Thompson area in Valemount BC just past Allen Creek off to the right before the bridge. Just wondering what the riding area is like in there...any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dougie

Top Bottom