2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is usually into Dec. We like to have a couple trips in by then i hope it is opened before that.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to check and see how the cabin project at Clemina is coming along? I hope that there was enough support both on the tools and to cover costs...

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have only rode Valemont a few times because we usually go to McBride, but planning on making a trip in December. Where is the new trail and where is the the new one? I only noticed one trail when i was there (3-4 years ago)

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new trail is blocked by a gate in early season so they can accumulate enough snow on it to groom. But there is usually some azzhats that tear it down because the dont have enough riding skills to make it up the old icy trail. Which tells me they should stay home till they can ride a groomed trail.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol how true

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414896011731.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414896011731.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 637

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the gate was gonna be opened yesterday but Curtis got tied up with work in the Chapple trail , I was gonna go with him Friday to open gate at Allen and take some stuff up to Clemina but he shot me a message in the morning saying change of plans due to escalator was available . I was hoping to have pics Friday of us stuck in 8 ft of snow in de side by side. Cabin is coming along nicely , just a few finishing touches which should be complete any day . I'm sure I'll be up within the next 7 days. It's been raining quite a bit so it's definitely dropping some up top just not sure how much.

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There starting to look pretty white. The forecast for next week looks really good too!!!!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While we are waiting for snow to build up top , I'm gonna use this opportunity to let some folks know that Valemount is not just a winter destination.
Valemount has a variety of outdoor adventures in the summer as well.
- Hiking trails everywhere leading to some petty cool places. I prefer a motor lol
- Mountain Biking- did you know valemount is working on a downhill mountain bike park as we speak ?
- A year round glacier resort is in the final approval stages as we speak. It's not 100% but looking promising.
- Quading ( we promote scenic touring not mudding ) there are so many different staging areas, fire service roads that will take you to breath taking views that will blow you away.
- white water rafting
- jeep tours
- fine dining at the caribou , or summit grill
- helicopter tours
- boating , fishing , swimming on kinbasket lake .
- horse back riding
- or just cooling out around camp fire
Now here comes the plug for "Summit River Lodge and Campsites"
Hey guys I'm just like you , a sled head that happen to be in the right place at the right time , I actually can't believe some days that I was lucky enough to pull off buying this place and now living here and running it. I'm not trying to take you away from your favorite winter accomadations spot. But summer well there's no place like Summit River Lodge .
We are located just 20 Kms from center of town situated on 40 acres surrounded by crown land . The lodge itself has 5 rooms 12 beds , then we have 2 cabins plus about 12-15 campsites that are not on top of each other like most Rv parks. Do we have full service sites , nope we don't , we have tree'd sites close or on the creek , we do have power to 5 or 6 , we have full real washrooms with showers free, we have free wifi . Now check this out , you are allowed to unload your quad , side by side etc and drive it on the property , we have no set rules as long as your respectful , we tube down our little creek at certain times of summer after it slows down. We have a swimming hole. Quadiding right from property to kinbasket 50 km , canoe mountain 18 km
So I'll cut this short lol
We offer individual rooms or cabins and campsites or a variety of private bookings of just the lodge , lodge and cabins , lodge , cabins and campground .
We have had great reviews for family and friends reunions or get togathers .
Private booking need to be well in advance
Entire property private booking is apprx 1000-1200 night min 3 nights which gives you 20 beds , 8 bedrooms incl both cabins plus the campground so a reunion with 12 family's cost about $100 night per family .
Pics of property today

Pics from this summer
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/02/9a485b579d60d2acaeb4eb036dd8d29b.jpg[/

You get the idea , wether you stay at SRL or in town
RIde Play Stay
Valemount
Your Year Round Adventure Begins Here

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Top Bottom