2013 Summit Etec Won't Rev Up

J__Zak

Reaction score
Nope just using same stock setup it had. Could possibly be the dess key, I checked the throttle cable and it looked good. If the dess key wasn't proper wouldn't the check key code come up though across the screen?

Sent from my iPhone using

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope just using same stock setup it had. Could possibly be the dess key, I checked the throttle cable and it looked good. If the dess key wasn't proper wouldn't the check key code come up though across the screen?

Yes I'm betting its not the key if no beeping.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started up my boys Bravo today. It ran awesome at idle but when he tried to ride the engine would shut down. I changed the plug and its run perfect since. Nowhere near as complicated machine but worth checking.

Thegeneral

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good comment General. Don't rule out a plug failure on an ETEC even if they are rare. That will definately create the symptoms he is seeing.

jamessavage

Reaction score
Almost sounds like a fuel issue, not enough pressure. Can try squeezing off the return line a bit and see if any more RPM can be achieved. Best is put a gauge on it to know for sure, but just a little check to eliminate a possible problem. Hose pinchers or vise grips work to try it, just not tight enough to damage the hose.
The whole DESS thing sounds possible though. I had keys mixed up for a couple sleds I hauled and of course put them on the wrong machine to unload, and to my surprise my sled would run, only upto about 4k, and I didn't have any beeps or 'codes' with an '08 key. Tried the other two keys to find mine and no RPM problems.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is it's only running on one cylinder. Change you spark plugs and see if its better.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I had a similar problem last year after installing a 10" riser. Turned out the electric harness under the gauge cluster had come partially off.

Unscrew the six T25 torx to remove the gauge cluster and make sure that massive connector is completely in.

J__Zak

Reaction score
Still no luck tried running it with the belt off still ran the same good until 4000rpm to where the primary engages and then after that it'll bog itself out checked the switch under the cluster tried messing with the throttle cable I'm stumped. And I'm not sure whether to take it to the guy I had install the clutch kit or to martin if it's an issue besides the clutch. I hate being non mechanically inclined lol.

AP48379

Reaction score
my sled wasn't showing fuel level and was not beeping in reverse or when you start it. took gauge off and noticed one pin was bent backwards, maybe have a quick look at that big plug.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still no luck tried running it with the belt off still ran the same good until 4000rpm to where the primary engages and then after that it'll bog itself out checked the switch under the cluster tried messing with the throttle cable I'm stumped. And I'm not sure whether to take it to the guy I had install the clutch kit or to martin if it's an issue besides the clutch. I hate being non mechanically inclined lol.

Did you try the plugs? Not sure if this works on the ETEC but try pulling off one of the plug caps and then start the sled. If it starts then replace that plug wire and repeat with the other side. If you've got a dead plug, you'll know.

Thegeneral

J__Zak

Reaction score
Pretty sure we figured it out today it's a dess key issue but doesn't show any lights or error messages. Had it running ok shut it off trailered it home and went to take it for a little ride and same issue again. Gonna talk to martin tomorrow and see if a new dess key fixes the issue as it's very temperamental now.

J__Zak

Reaction score
Forgot to update just incase somebody else is having the same issue, Wasn't a dess key issue or a clutching issue. The issue was the fuel pump got a new one under warranty, Shop said they have had 3-4 2013's with the same issues.

Top Bottom