2013 Summit Etec Won't Rev Up

J__Zak

Reaction score
I recently got my sled back from having a clutch kit installed ran good loading up onto the trailer and off loading. Went to take it out for the first time this winter now and it won't rev up over about 4000rpm. I've checked the dess key just wondering if you guys have any ideas on what it could be because I hate taking it in only to find out it was something simple.

Sent from my iPhone using

J__Zak

Reaction score
Sorry should have mentioned that as well no messages or beeping.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
possibly broken reed? usually broken reed the unit wont idle very well, but still could be the problem

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like security. Something isn't plugged in all of the way or at all.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also check your throttle cable has free play, maybe the throttle cable has tension on it and the throttle position sensor doesn't match to the ECM's vehicle speed

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your tether. Friend of mine had the same problem. He took it to the dealer and they found a dime in the tether. Charged him an hour labor and kept the dime.

J__Zak

Reaction score
Checked the tether checked the throttle cable checked to see if anything was unplugged can't see anything wrong. Gonna give the shop I had do the install tomorrow and see if he has any ideas. Thanks for the suggestions.

powderup

Reaction score
What is your elevation? Are you sure you have the correct clutching?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

J__Zak

Reaction score
It's set up for mountain elevations but it won't even idle up enough to spin the track if anything it should be over revving here

powderup

Reaction score
It's set up for mountain elevations but it won't even idle up enough to spin the track if anything it should be over revving here

Ok just trying to start from square 1. I actually had a buddy who couldnt get his to rev up high and he had his parking brake on.....no joke.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

J__Zak

Reaction score
Nope was stored in heated garage and brake is off. When I hold the throttle open it'll stall itself out too

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the throttle is on partially or the cable housing is streched around something, it will start but not rev up.

summitx411

Reaction score
Probably not the reason but if it doesn't sense that the throttle is fully closer on start up it won't Rev. Happens in the mountains when you roll the sled over and snow wedges in the flipper.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great question powderup.....im guessing he somehow stuffed 45 grams of weight in his pins.....

J__Zak

Reaction score
I'll be calling the shop up that did the install. Weird thing is though ran great onto the trailer out of the shop onto the trailer then off the trailer Into the garage. Went to ride today and it started acting up makes me think it's something super simple but just haven't figured it out.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely nothing to do with the clutching....its something with either the tether or throttle cable adjustment as stated. Did you do a bar riser or bars? Tethers can become deprogrammed, they may need to sync it with the sled again.
This will also occur if there is snow under the throttle flipper, so if you ever roll your sled and it wont rev, blow out the snow.

Top Bottom