2013 Sled weights

geo

Reaction score
I've weighed my sleds the same way on the same scale from about 1989. Not scientific, just the way I dropped them off the truck from the dealer. PDI, tool kit, owner manual, bill of sale, coat of armour all, full tank of oil, enough fuel to run,,,,. My total no. of sleds weighed to date (this method) is 56 (22 of my own).

The 2013 pro 155 was 42 lbs lighter than the next lightest (91 Phazer LT) and about 50lbs lighter than than the PC HCR (lighter than my buddy's Doo last year by 9 lbs).

RH ski 125lb
LH ski 139lb
Rear rail at rear sissor pivot 165lb
-----
429lb

What does that mean? Nothing except to me I am 50lbs ahead of last year on the snow to start the year. And, a liquid cooled 800 with more suspention, longer track, more paddle, stronger running boards, more fuel is lighter than that little Phazer that could. The last stock sled I thought felt light when stuck.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your talking like a real women now... i leave it at that.....

I bet.

But really... FredW is full of crap. How much fuel do you really use in a day of Maxwell riding?? Not that it will matter when the snow flies. We will all ride what we have in the trailer and fill what needs to be filled when the snow finally arrives :)

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 lbs, Duh. Not 50 like if the sleds were equal weight. And u r dealing with 50 lbs more sled, I don't care how light you are or how heavy I am.[/QUOTE

I thought hp to weight was important?? So you should all be counting your in gear body weight full fuel tank and all the crap you pack as well.

I want to weigh my set up like that cause I bet I'm lighter on my 09 m8 than most of you pro or xm riders.lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good point but skidoo made the freeride !!!!All things being equal if garage weight is 20lbs different then bring them in from a day in the snow and they will be 20lbs different !!!???NO?

You pay more for the freeride to get the beefed up sled.... LOL

End of the day they will not be 20 lbs different. If sled A weighs 500 lbs and picks up 15 lbs of snow, and sled B weighs 500 lbs and picks up 5 lbs of snow, they are 15 lbs apart once you land back at the truck (assuming fuel and rider is equal). If sled B weighs 480 lbs and only picks up 5 lbs, then the spread is now 30 lbs. Conversely, if sled A only picks up 5 lbs and sled B (weighing 480 lbs) picks up 20 lbs, they are darn near identical weights once you are riding. I don't know if these are realistic or not but I read somewhere in a tech article that Cat guys were picking up significant weight in the depression in the tunnel where the snow was melting and re-freezing. Whether it was noticeable or not they didn't say. My point was that saying Sled B weighs 20 lbs less initially doesn't really matter because it can all change on the hill.

Ride the ass off of what you got and enjoy it whatever it weighs!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya at WOT or riding hard it definitely ain't much better than the PTEK, my buddies 11 etec last year on a long spring ride burned 37L to 80 miles ish which was actually 1L more than my 11 M8 burned as I was 36L to fill at the end of the day and both machines didn't get turned off much at all. His oil consumption was also just shy of a 1L more than mine for the whole weekend of riding

I'm not sure on the other brands but I will say the Etec is very stingy at low to mid throttle settings but at WOT all day in fresh pow it is not much better than a PTEK.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya at WOT or riding hard it definitely ain't much better than the PTEK, my buddies 11 etec last year on a long spring ride burned 37L to 80 miles ish which was actually 1L more than my 11 M8 burned as I was 36L to fill at the end of the day and both machines didn't get turned off much at all. His oil consumption was also just shy of a 1L more than mine for the whole weekend of riding

Not a chance unless you got a "special m8" or there is something wrong with all the rest of them.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but you sat and watched your buddy for 1/2 the day riding his etec, I also call BS as I ride with kitty and never close........

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hate to break this to you but your buddy rides a lot harder than you.

Last edited:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a chance unless you got a "special m8" or there is something wrong with all the rest of them.

Hey my M8 is Special!!:rolleyes: But it still burns more gas and oil than my bro's Etec. He burns 2/3 of the gas and half of the oil i do but he doesn't ride as hard as he used too either:p

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya not quite, Im not sure where this cats are bad on fuel comes from I always seem to do alright, all last year he burned just as much fuel as I did every time we rode, not a lie.......... maybe his etec sux on fuel but thats riding just as hard as each other taking turns leading the way

Ya but you sat and watched your buddy for 1/2 the day riding his etec, I also call BS as I ride with kitty and never close........

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya he was a first year mtn rider last year so I was actually showing him the ropes a bit. I wish his sled was better on fuel because with the smaller tank, I do believe its only 38L compare to cats 44L, he ran out a couple of times a km or two from the staging area and I had to tow him back to the truck. I was on fumes as well but still made it........ barely. Some days he would burn a liter or two less than me but for the most part they were pretty damn equal after a full day
I hate to break this to you but your buddy rides a lot harder than you.

Top Bottom