2013 Sled weights

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to know how the REAL WORLD weights of the long track 800 mountain sleds compare to what we've been told. Fully wet with no fuel would be great as fuel tanks are the biggest variable in fully wet weight (Yes I'm aware that you don't ride them without fuel). Is there anyone out there with a nice scale set up and access to all 3 brands of sleds?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Maxwell has something on the go in the Edmonton area Johnny. I believe he is hollowing out an XM as we speak.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah ok, is there another thread? I couldn't find it.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my new PRO 155 at home and an overhead lift but no scale. Anyone in the Grande prairie area got one ???

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's more than safe to say the Poo's are the lightest. If they are going to be weighed even the stock tracks need to be taken into consideration.

A 2.25 15" vs a 2.5 16" will make a difference.

I agree though, no fuel. I know people can argue a Doo will normally go farther on a tank if fuel but most guys carry more with them anyways.

Just be nice to see if the manufacturers specs can be used to compare rather than be skeptical. Just like power numbers.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poos can't make a full day on a tank, so there should be 20 lbs added to the dry weight...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poos can't make a full day on a tank, so there should be 20 lbs added to the dry weight...

BS! Who told you that? My husband always carried extra fuel on his Pro so I could fill my ProClimb... He always had extra and our trek was 40 kms in, a full day of hard riding and 40kms back....

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BS! Who told you that? My husband always carried extra fuel on his Pro soni could fill my ProClimb... He always had extra and our trek wasps 40kms one way, a full day of hard riding and 40kms back....

So he gets 120 - 130 kms kms on a blower day?

I dont think so but I could be wrong.... Hurkot how many km's are you getting on the 2012 Pro?

I know this varies but lets say 25- 35kms of trail and the rest is riding I have a bar or 2 left on the etec and odo at 115 kms, I think its was 2 or 3 litres left as it was 38L to fill it

What size tank the Pro have?

Last edited:

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should weigh these things full of all fluids (gas,oil, coolant,etc)!!Then there would be no arguing!If they advertise 40 L of gas put in 40L and weigh it!They have these 'real world' wet weights with the bare minimum of fluids in the machine!It does look good when you advertise a machine at under 500 lbs before you fill it up!The polaris does seem pretty light though but what does it weigh when your heading up the hill!It would almost be better to advertise pounds per horsepower!Just my opinion!

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can make a full day on a tank.. Usually burnin fumes on the trail out tho lol

Sent from a phone.. From a bush

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Packing fuel is irrelevant. Most people i have ever met pack fuel and leave it somewhere and top up for the ride out or top up at a certain point on the way in...who cares about some extra weight on the trail ride in.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So he gets 120 - 130 kms kms on a blower day?

I dont think so but I could be wrong.... Hurkot how many km's are you getting on the 2012 Pro?

I know this varies but lets say 25- 35kms of trail and the rest is riding I have a bar or 2 left on the etec and odo at 115 kms, I think its was 2 or 3 litres left as it was 38L to fill it

What size tank the Pro have?

Weeeeelllllll... I wouldn't say on blower pow/ nipple deep days ;)

Truth be told: on most blower pow days our ADD kicks in well before we make 40 kms and we piss around so much in the cut blocks on the way in that there is not much day OR fuel left for venturing waaaaaaay back once we finally make it in!

The point is that his Pro is very good on gas- 130kms on an average snow day is easily doable. (And he is not a light weight or easy on the throttle at all).

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy with an etec and they are good on fuel, better than the pro. The pro is pretty damn good on fuel tho, cannot complain, easily over 120km on a tank and thats to the bar no fu%$#%ing around riding.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The etec is a BIT better on fuel in pretty well all conditions we have proven it real world many times. Now, in saying that at $1200 more purchase price than the Pro, that figure to be about 1000 liters of fuel ........ .. That might balance the situation a bit.

Top Bottom