2013 Ski-doo XM Stabilzer disconnected/connected, Anyone notice any differences good

moonbeam

Reaction score
2013 Ski-doo XM Stabilzer disconnected/connected? Anyone notice any differences good or bad? The stabilizer out on my 09 XP 154" made a huge difference for the better, in all conditions including trails. The 2013 (even at the 36.5 stance) seems stiff to me and i think its just because i haven't been on a sled for a few months but if anyone has any input that would be rad. Thanx

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea we ripped it right out on one machine. Worked great and liked it alot more than the one with it in when snow was harder. Even on the trail when banging of the sides of the ditches it keeps yo from getting pounded when crossing the whoops. Would recommend pullin it.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode my XM with it in for 1 day then took it out. Never will I put it back in. Much better handling off trail without it.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rip it out its even fine on the trail I think. It moves way better rode 2 days with mine in. then it came out and never back in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I know how it handles with them in and maybe this weekend I will try it with the disconnect disconnected.

I don't know if it can get much better that it has been…………but I'm sort of open-minded..:D

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding with it attached .. coming from the rev it's tippy enough for me

but i'll try yanking it to see.. my buddy put stiffer front springs on, said it makes the sled tip easier instead having the front springs give in before actually tipping

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1998, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2012 all sleds I pulled it and people kept saying to leave it in. I went for a rip at night on the 13 and almost fell off twice from it tipping. No it was not booze! I think i will for surely ride it a few times but so far it seems ok for ME! I dont care what the other guy says or does not say as it is ultimately up to yoooo. This keeps faults of myself being transferred back to others. Just my 0.02.

kneebar

Reaction score
Take two 10 mm wrenches with you on your next ride. Take it out, it takes two minutes. If you like it out, leave it out. If it's too tippy, put it back in. I prefer it out, but it's up to you how you like it, no one else.

pooch

Reaction score
i put 200km on with it in, and today i rode with it out and it is going back in! just did not like it. my 2010 had the S-36 kit and even then i left it out and it was great, but not on the XM.

McTwist

Reaction score
Put 105 kms on mine today rode 3/4s of the day with with sway bar in and shocks at #2 and and the rest with sway bar out and shocks still at #2. By far the sway bar out is the best for me. With the sway bar in it felt comparable to my old m8 in handling, with it out it was a whole new animal. The sled did what I wanted it to and gave me confidence to push my self harder and try more technical lines. Combined with the 3 feet of powder coming over the hood all day I had my best ride ever today.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally took mine out.. 150km on it with the bar in so I can get used to it's tippyness .. shocks on 3 and bar out, wow !! What an animal.. first half of the day i didnt get off my seat, sidehilling and climbing through trees, doing donuts .. all while seated

sway bar is out for good !

superduty 348

Reaction score
Took mine out today too try it, you basically could ride the sled on its side down the trail and it was good in the deep stuff but it was too mushy for me on the moguls .. Like to fly off the moguls on the way back down. lol All my other sleds I removed it but this pulls over so easy enough with it in.Stays in for me.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

im putting it back on. absolutely sucks on the trail and even turning around in the alpine the sled just wants to dip on that one corner. makes it very unpredictable in the bumps on the trail. if it made any difference what so ever in the alpine i would sacrifice the trail handling woes. but i didnt notice squat.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I expected it to be terrible outside of the powder, but that's what the quick disconnect link is for.

Top Bottom