2013 proclimbs flawless ?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's pics of the one I just ordered today

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353635869.170081.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353635884.521346.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353635896.663710.jpg

Last pic is of the one piece belt guard I ordered. Reasonably priced, brake cover is 27$ and the belt guard is 115$ or so. Ordered it from Belanger racing products.

thekrust

Reaction score
Made my own cover. If you didn't know the sled you wouldn't know it wasn't factory. Will post a pic later

thekrust

Reaction score
WOW! above cover seems a bit excessive for what needs to be accomplished. I used about $.5 worth of aluminum and 15min. of time.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thekrust - you buy one of the brake covers being sold out there or make one. Looked at one from
grip'n'rip but looked pretty rough - could do just as good myself.

Yeah but I wanted something that looked like its meant to be there and I didn't trust my fab skills.... I'd have something butchered to death and fall apart lol.

sebrook

Reaction score
I was checking out the one from Belanger too but the shipping was more than the cover - think ill make my own too. Kinda anxious to see yours thekrust

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bought the belt guard as well so it kinda makes it worth it for me. I've blown so many belts last year my guard is all bent up like Swiss cheese. Looks horrible. Every time I put my sled in reverse the sheaves rub on the guard cuz I can't get it back in shape lol.

sebrook

Reaction score
Looks like you got the belly pan protector too? Can't say I blame you if you had them many belts disintegrate.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got the belly pan protector too? Can't say I blame you if you had them many belts disintegrate.

Those pics are straight off his website. I don't have it yet. I didn't get the belly pan protector. I liked the belt guard cuz it had extra venting in it and its 1 piece. The stock 2 piece is wayyyyy to flimsy. All it takes is to break one belt and it just crumbles. There's more twists and bends in mine you couldn't even recognize what it is lol. Hopefully the build quality is as good as it looks. I guess I'm a Guinea pig on this one haha.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your chaincase nut on the 2012 proclimbs. I blew 2 belts in 3 days on my last ride last winter due to the nut loosening off on my 800 proclimb.

thekrust

Reaction score
I made it so it's a bit spring loaded onto the caliper and put some RTV to stop it from vibrating.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
View attachment 141892
View attachment 141893
View attachment 141894

This is the TTCF that I am talking about. I can't remember but I think the aluminum piece is around 250$ or so. Don't quote me on that tho.

I love the sled. I'm planning on buying the 20t gear, team tied secondary, mds clutch weights, whiterad TTCF, Belanger racing belt guard and brake rotor cover, as a start, to just be able to ride a stock sled in the mountains. How ridiculous does that sound. I spent 1000$ in belts last year, now another 1000$ to upgrade the clutching. WTF. Be understandable if I were running a turbo right now, which I plan to do, but if I can't run a stock sled first without blowing a belt every 100 miles, I'm not running boost to add to that problem. If I start upgrading and still blowing belts I'm trading it in on a 2013/14.

Can't ya just float the secondary???? Or, do they have that going for them already?

Last edited:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Mine only started blowing belts after I installed the Camo extreme. My secondary is getting scorching hot now so I think a simple gearing should fix my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearing will help as well as a stiffer secondary spring..... but!....if your engine is twisting under load, that will put more stress on the belt and cause heat issues. Do the secondary's float? Rev's had this same issue back in 2003. Just wondering.....

thekrust

Reaction score
No float on the secondary. The retension bolt and spacer sets the belt tension.

Top Bottom