2013 pro rmk suggestions

snowrider87

Reaction score
i just bought a 2013 pro rmk retro a few weeks ago and i am wondering what i should do for ugrades or even just to make it look better on the hill. if u have any suggestions plz let me know.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
depends on how deep your pockets are....

an SLP blue/pink primary spring and a camoplast 2.5 track are 2 awesome upgrades.
and get an extreme front bumper

snowrider87

Reaction score
depends on how deep your pockets are....

an SLP blue/pink primary spring and a camoplast 2.5 track are 2 awesome upgrades.
and get an extreme front bumper

there not reallt the deepest but i do have some money to spend on it. thanks for your help and i will probably get an extreme front bumber because i have a few friends who reccomended that and i was also told to get a better rear bumper instead of the carbon fiber one. is it smart to get rid of the carbon fiber bumper?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better get a rear bumper too while your at it. They are super weak.

AK FULL THROTTLE

Reaction score
well i guess that answered my question. thanks lilduke

I would recommend going with Skinz front and rear.

I have not tried the 14 Extreme bumper but went through several 12-13 Extreme bumper. There are still to soft of a metal and the mounting is not good enough. Now the 14 extreme with the added bars does mount much better. They are also very tight under a cover.

There is several good front bumpers but the skins mounts easy and is way strong.

A new rear is a must as the stock is complete junk. Now there is several good rear bumpers out there but I go with the skinz because it is Stronger, Light, looks good and goes way up the runnel to strengthen the tunnel as well.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with a polaris extreme bumper or something similar (aluminum). one u start getting into the skinz bumpers and the cromoly ones, in my opinion are to strong. You want your bumper to give first when you hit something. Not your chassis components. Bumpers are cheap to replace.
I did a 2009 cat rear bumper on my pro, looks good and adds tunnel support, and only $70.

AK FULL THROTTLE

Reaction score
go with a polaris extreme bumper or something similar (aluminum). one u start getting into the skinz bumpers and the cromoly ones, in my opinion are to strong. You want your bumper to give first when you hit something. Not your chassis components. Bumpers are cheap to replace.
I did a 2009 cat rear bumper on my pro, looks good and adds tunnel support, and only $70.

:cool:

Last edited:

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree with changing the back bumper. I broke mine off just lifting the sled into the back of a truck. I just put a Skinz one on. I think it looks good and should be good and strong.
I am curious about the slp blue/ pink spring. In what way does it improve the clutching, and does it affect how much weight you have to run?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree with changing the back bumper. I broke mine off just lifting the sled into the back of a truck. I just put a Skinz one on. I think it looks good and should be good and strong.
I am curious about the slp blue/ pink spring. In what way does it improve the clutching, and does it affect how much weight you have to run?

The Blue-Pink spring has the same engagement RPM as stock 140 2.5" Compression Rate (stock is 140-330, B/P is 140-340). But the 1.25" compression rate is slightly higher which will increase your max RPM. With the stock 62g weights you will be under reving with the stock spring. Most people go with the B/P spring and 64g weights to bring the revs up even more at elevation

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy sh*t, havent you heard they have on going motor issues. Drop that grenade asap! Or else throw an etec in there. Man i dont know how arctic cat or polaris still make sleds with the xm as their competition!

My 14 pro i added, slp torque arm, mds weights, handle bar bag, under seat bag, gas and oil. Needing more storage for sask so grabbing a mountain addiction low pro bag to hold a spare shovel, water bottles, and spare layering.

snowrider87

Reaction score
Holy sh*t, havent you heard they have on going motor issues. Drop that grenade asap! Or else throw an etec in there. Man i dont know how arctic cat or polaris still make sleds with the xm as their competition!

My 14 pro i added, slp torque arm, mds weights, handle bar bag, under seat bag, gas and oil. Needing more storage for sask so grabbing a mountain addiction low pro bag to hold a spare shovel, water bottles, and spare layering.

Ok yes I have heard that but I look around I know lots of ppl that have 13's they have had no issues with them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok yes I have heard that but I look around I know lots of ppl that have 13's they have had no issues with them at all.

It was a joke based on some stuff ive seen posted here, Damn skidoo guys always talking trash. My friends have 3 2013s and only one qd belt first ride, put in a non broken in second belt and no issues all year.

snowrider87

Reaction score
It was a joke based on some stuff ive seen posted here, Damn skidoo guys always talking trash. My friends have 3 2013s and only one qd belt first ride, put in a non broken in second belt and no issues all year.

Haha all good i just stick up for polaris because that's all I have ridden my whole life.

I go by the saying if you treat your machine right it will treat you right

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol... Ya the doo guys are really excited that the new XM is the first good sled they've built since 2006.... And they are great but just don't forget your fire extinguisher!!!! Lmao..... Sorry just having a little fun

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend going with Skinz front and rear.

I have not tried the 14 Extreme bumper but went through several 12-13 Extreme bumper. There are still to soft of a metal and the mounting is not good enough. Now the 14 extreme with the added bars does mount much better. They are also very tight under a cover.

There is several good front bumpers but the skins mounts easy and is way strong.

A new rear is a must as the stock is complete junk. Now there is several good rear bumpers out there but I go with the skinz because it is Stronger, Light, looks good and goes way up the runnel to strengthen the tunnel as well.

What were you hitting with your sled to go thru several bumpers??? I hit some major trees and never even bent mine.

Top Bottom