2013 pro rmk ex skidoo rider review

Reaction score
Hello everyone iam new to polaris, comming off of life long of riding skidoos. I purchased a new 2013 pro rmk 800 last year . I want to give people a heads up if buying one of what to look foward too. This sled absolutely rocks, it makes riding fun again. This sled seems to be the jack of all trades, you can jump it, trail ride it, weave thru trees in the mountains, it does it all. It is so light an nimble it and the skies work so well it seems grip to turns better than my doos ever did. I added dalton quick adjust weights to the clutch which has really made the sled alot funner because you can dial in the rpms and really alows the sled to pull harder, as the stock weights are suited for. I have also had to mod my oil cap as the cap was not venting and was creating a vacuum. (Might be a issue why people are having lots of problems with the 800 cfi motor) It seems to use more oil now, which is good. I have always mixed oil in my gas as a safety net. Ill address some of the rumors I hear;
Pro rmks collect so much snow because of unpainted tunnels they weight the same as skidoo and artic cat. FALSE. While I notice my sled holds a bit more snow than others with painted tunnels. Its minimal. And I have to say the running boards are awesome they never have snow build up and hard so stiff and grippy.

PRO RMKS are gutless. False. While there not as powerfull (hp wise) as the etec or cat. Its power to weight is still better than doo or cat. Its light weight makes it funner to ride in my opinion.

I ride my sled daily and like to put alot of miles on my machines so I will give you guys a long term review at the end of the year to let you know about the durability. Id like to hear some of your guys thoughts about your pro rmks and the mods youve done to make it even better.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or even a XP for that matter. LOL.
Even though he needs the skidoo cap on the oil tank to fix the issue and Dalton weights to make it shift like a Doo.
Lol J/K. You're entitle to your opinion, lots are not going to agree with you, bu thanks for your input. I am brand specific and a die hard Doo guy, but i won't chit on anyone just because they like a different brand or think it's better. Even if it's glued together and can't get a month out of one engine. HAHA, I'm only kidding again. Hope your new POO works good for you. All the best and welcome to Snow and Mud.
You sure picked an interesting way to say hi. LOL

Reaction score
Funny you say that My most reliable skidoo was a 1998 670. My friends currently own a 15 summit x and a 2015 pro climb that is parked at my house which I have access to and have put many miles on both as well. Just my review not trying to pick any fights

Toro

Reaction score
Lol, more power to you brother, but I'm the other way around, I got sick of poo and went back to doo and the only way you'll get mine is from my dead lifeless body, but you giver and enjoy yourself!!

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
Hello everyone iam new to polaris, comming off of life long of riding skidoos. I purchased a new 2013 pro rmk 800 last year . I want to give people a heads up if buying one of what to look foward too. This sled absolutely rocks, it makes riding fun again. This sled seems to be the jack of all trades, you can jump it, trail ride it, weave thru trees in the mountains, it does it all. It is so light an nimble it and the skies work so well it seems grip to turns better than my doos ever did. I added dalton quick adjust weights to the clutch which has really made the sled alot funner because you can dial in the rpms and really alows the sled to pull harder, as the stock weights are suited for. I have also had to mod my oil cap as the cap was not venting and was creating a vacuum. (Might be a issue why people are having lots of problems with the 800 cfi motor) It seems to use more oil now, which is good. I have always mixed oil in my gas as a safety net. Ill address some of the rumors I hear;
Pro rmks collect so much snow because of unpainted tunnels they weight the same as skidoo and artic cat. FALSE. While I notice my sled holds a bit more snow than others with painted tunnels. Its minimal. And I have to say the running boards are awesome they never have snow build up and hard so stiff and grippy.

PRO RMKS are gutless. False. While there not as powerfull (hp wise) as the etec or cat. Its power to weight is still better than doo or cat. Its light weight makes it funner to ride in my opinion.

I ride my sled daily and like to put alot of miles on my machines so I will give you guys a long term review at the end of the year to let you know about the durability. Id like to hear some of your guys thoughts about your pro rmks and the mods youve done to make it even better.

Never owned a Doo but i agree with some of your points, the limited time i have on the xm & T3 didnt really impress me I just cant get used to the steering angle of a doo. Need more seat time for a fair comparison, but at this point i have no reason to switch brands.

The pro may lack some ponies but makes up for it with a great chassis. Glad your enjoying your pro

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Poo side. Glad to see someone coming in with a biased opinion that isn't negative. Lots of Doo trolls in here though.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to S&M and also welcome to the Poo fam!! I rip a Boondocker 2013 Pro and love it! Also ripped a 2012 stocker Pro, well stock minus a 3" track, love that sled as well! Had the chance to rip a 2015 XM a couple weeks ago for a day and have to say as it was a little awkward on the trail, the thing sure ripped in the pow! IMO they are all at the point where all brands rip! The poo just rips better! JK! I well say if your looking to do any mods to your PRO, IMO a 3" track install is your best bang for buck mod! But I also have a lot of other mods that work awesome! Feel free to private message me to talk Poo mods! Cheers!

skeeter800x

Reaction score
Mongoose machine has a fix for the 2008-2014 polaris; when the underpowered motor pops. Buddies actually did today; dealer actually mentioned the mongoose fix to him.

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of your points on the polaris sled are valid. I had a '13 RMK Assault and it was everything you said it was. The only down fall our riding group found was motor reliability!! My friend blew his '13 motor 2 times last year and for that reason we all decided to go back to doo. Have not made it to the mountains this year but can't wait to ride it out there to compare. We were just looking at 4 year warranty with no headaches for 4 years and that made our mindsd up. Hope your sled is everything you say it is for many more miles. Cheers!

Zapo

Reaction score
My Brother has the new 2015 163 T3 Doo and I am still riding my 2011 RMK Pro. I road his some this last week, not enough to really get to know it. But enough to say that I will keep fixing my RMK pro for a long time yet. Not really a fair comparison as my 156 3" track machine has everything you can bolt on to it but a turbo. The Indy Dan motor, boards, bumpers, control arms, pipe, can, pcv, burandt Fox 3 evol 4 shock package etc.

It was a heavy snow day and the effort to counter steer was notably greater on the doo, it just really felt heavy... everywhere. Not so much about weight, as effort to do a basic side hill, a down hill turn, throttle up onto an edge.

The doo has great power, ride, fit finish and so on.

I really wish I could buy a machine designed by Polaris and built by Ski Doo. That would be the best combo.

Reaction score
Ya Iam not here to say polaris is more reliable than skidoo. Just trying to say that i have more fun on them currently. I dont think either of them build reliable machines from my experience owning over 10 skidoos and have owned many polaris quads. If you want reliability and build quality and something that has had r&d for more than 5 minutes you buy a honda. Unfortunately they dont build sleds.

Top Bottom