2013 m8000 best performance upgrade

octaner

Reaction score
what is the best performance upgrade to run without going turbo. was thinking about the slp stage 3 kit, but unsure if anybody has run it or it anybetter kits out there??

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is the best performance upgrade to run without going turbo. was thinking about the slp stage 3 kit, but unsure if anybody has run it or it anybetter kits out there??

See the 925 topic. That's where my money would go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JONSHOW

Reaction score
The simple answer to this is a full big bore kit with exhaust and clutching. The more complex and worthwhile answer comes after you disclose some more information ie, Why not a turbo? (A full BB kit with all the extras will run around the same price and has only slightly less maintenance issues). Are you looking for a budget upgrade, something along the lines of "Most bang for the buck". Are you wanting to run straight premium pump or are you willing to run av, race, or a blended fuel? Where, what kind and at what elevation are you riding? What do you weigh? How do you want your clutch to shift? And there are many, many, many other factors involved in performance upgrades.
The single most important thing I can say to you is don't just expect to bolt stuff on and go. Performance upgrades require tuning to achieve their full benefit. If you don't know what you're doing, have your local speed shop or dealer do the upgrades for you, that way, if it doesn't perform properly or you have other issues with the upgrades down the road you can go back to your installer for recourse.

All that aside, I know of a guy in Mackenzie BC who runs the SLP kit on his proclimb and I'm told by good sources that it rips.

geordiep

Reaction score
BB if you have the $$. For example, RK Tek 925 is $2,150USD + controller + clutching.

- Belt drive is a great upgrade for about $1100CDN. TKI or C3 are both great options. Saves 2.5lb rotating mass and up to 12lbs weight loss.
- The Jaws pipe set $849 produces 12HP. If you get PCV with timing, gains of 15HP are being achieved. + Clutching upgrades (~$1,600 with proven clutch & map)
- TSS has a new pipe set that does not require controller
- weight loss: Mtn Fit hood saves 12lbs for $400.
- upgraded seat/tank save 6lbs
- If sticking to stock get a Diamond S Q titanium can. 4.8HP gain and lightest on the market with near stock decibels
- KMOD skid with Raptors is top of my list. It will transform your sled. I loved it last season.

Last edited:
Top Bottom