2013 M8 vs. 2013 ProRMK 800

M8BRUINS

Reaction score
Well guys, looks like personal preference is winning on this blog. I currently have a 2009 M8 174 with alot of mods done to it. It goes everywhere I need to be going. I just rode a new ETEC 163 and a new Pro RMK 162/3 (?) and I can tell you this without a lie; The Pro is the best handling sled I've every rode......PERIOD!!!! I was very disappointed in the handling between the Doo vs. the Poo. But....... on the hill, the ETEC waxed its ass. So, this ceates a problem.....my boys I hang with ride AC. The dealer that looks after me sells AC. Even though I used to ride Poo back in the 90's (Indy 500, Storm 800, XLT 600) and love the brand to death, I ride AC now and I'm scared to death to change strickly because I feel I have some support with AC because of friends and dealer because I don't know my local dealer at all. I NEED TO RIDE THE CAT!!!! LOL

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the 12 poo pro 800 163. Rode with 2 12 A/C 800 162 on sat and everywhere we went, the sleds were dead even. It didn't matter whether we were climbing, bondocking, etc. The only difference was that the cats had to head back to the cabin for fuel at 3:30, while the poo still had over half tank left. Yes, the cat has a 10 l smaller fuel tank than the poo, but they should have has at a quarter tank left instead of empty comparitivly. Even the cat riders agreed that the sleds are even. Both good sleds, so it's what ever you feel comfortable on.

alberta73

Reaction score
I have an 11 rmk pro 800 155, have been told the 2013 has some nice changes??? The way they handle in the trees is so much fun and easier to ride than my previous 3 skidoos. In the show room my 13 year old picked up the front and rear of the pro off the ground and he couldnt budge the artic cat front. Not knocking cat cause I no very little about them, just saying I cant imagine someone not being happy with the polaris.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the pro rmk is not that much lighter when ready to ride check snowest they have a proclimb hanging then put a pro rmk on it and its like 20-25 lbs difference ( dont remember) i personally like the pro climb better, i find it easier to get it up on its edge. plus the power is just awesome. but defintly wait and see what each manufacturer comes out with for changes and such.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ready to ride they are not too far apart but the RMK does carry an extra gallon and appears not to be as thirsty as the Proclimb. I'm still on the fence. 3 more weeks and we will see what the big 3 bring to the table for 2013. If there is a big change for Ski-doo I'm not going to be a guinea pig. Cat has some issues that need to be addressed so I might wait till 2014 for them. If Polaris ups the horsepower they will more than likely be getting my money next fall.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we dont find the cat to be more thirsty than the polaris, they are pretty close with the edge going to the polaris. ( cats fuel guage sucks cant go by that)

Top Bottom