2013 Boondocker Pro issue

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With new plugs the sled will idle fine then it idled down and back up, onced warmed up it will rip for about 200m and then just die like you hit the kill switch, and then won't start again, plugs are a little wet. Put new plugs in and the sled will do it all over again. Any ideas?! What is the spec for resistances on the coils? Any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Needs to get back on the snow asap:beer:

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the sled idle after you change plugs? For how long? At what point does it shut off? Cruise speed? Under boost only? Anything on the dash light up? Have you played with anything lately? Like throttle cable, etc....

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a tether on the sled? Buddy had similar issue disconnected tether and boom gone.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is hard to start after it shuts down even with new plugs, got to play with the throttle while trying to start it, new voltage regulator, TPS set and good, quits under mid throttle rolling, tether is disconnected (pings tether). Thanks for the replies guys.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is hard to start after it shuts down even with new plugs, got to play with the throttle while trying to start it, new voltage regulator, TPS set and good, quits under mid throttle rolling, tether is disconnected (pings tether). Thanks for the replies guys.

Smells like maybe a stator?

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you checked fuel filter? Fuel pressure? I had a throttle body wear out on my 12 pro turbo. Gave similar symptoms.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished checking coil resistance, all good, check fuel controller connections, Koso gauge connections, all good, will check the stator and fuel filter. Thanks

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a wire rub through up by the steering post on my 2012 and short out once in a while, causing a similar issue. check your wiring carefully. It haunted me for a while.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, will have a closer look at the wiring, I already found some wires hanging apart and unhooked, not sure if it was just left like that from when the dealer was working on it or if they came apart on their own, was the wires going to my Koso gauge, but will have a look for worn wires, thanks

Top Bottom