2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow conditions are pretty awesome for this time of year and the riding has been great (if you can see....which is another reason to lower your risk and stick to low or no angle terrain, or go hide in the trees) Spring conditions have set in for sure and we are doing our best with the lower sections of the trails, so your understanding is greatly appreciated.

There is a very difficult snowpack and we are into some sketchy times around western Canada. Please folks, just use your head and stay away from big terrain for a while (possibly the rest of the season) Lower your angle and increase your dangle;). Insead of hills, try some techinical lines or go play in the trees. You will learn new skills, become a better sledder and most importantly, make it home to your family.

Enjoy your ride, but please do it safely!

Attachments

• editDSC_0630.jpg
    editDSC_0630.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow conditions are pretty awesome for this time of year and the riding has been great (if you can see....which is another reason to lower your risk and stick to low or no angle terrain, or go hide in the trees) Spring conditions have set in for sure and we are doing our best with the lower sections of the trails, so your understanding is greatly appreciated.

There is a very difficult snowpack and we are into some sketchy times around western Canada. Please folks, just use your head and stay away from big terrain for a while (possibly the rest of the season) Lower your angle and increase your dangle;). Insead of hills, try some techinical lines or go play in the trees. You will learn new skills, become a better sledder and most importantly, make it home to your family.

Good message right there!

saskcat

Reaction score

Where's the picture from?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just winding up 3 days in vale. Awesome weekend had great snow. Great riding buddies and awesome hosts. Thanks to Bill and Connie for the good cookin and hospitality.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so we can still park in the parking lot then, is the trail just getting rough?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 8' drop. Throat hits mountain bar. Driver ok after a few minutes. Just didnt see the drop . Only one of our many many stucks.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think that's Todd.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allen creek trail was fine yesterday. In morning we were first up after groomer and the groomed trail was iced over, track would spin out. Off the groomed trail it was wet snow at the bottom and turned to normal snow about 3km up the trail. On way down there were some small whoops and again wet snow / slush on the bottom half. Nothing to worry about, and pretty good in my books.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying out a new video editing program so I just whipped up this little tree vid from last week. Good times on the Martin XMs and a sick way to enjoy the deep snow with low risk.

Off on another adventure today, so I will bring back some better pics and vids of the conditions if the weather allows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8xAAfuOvNA&feature=youtu.be

Dlo

Reaction score
Allen was sickkkk yesterday my best sledding time yet, thx adamg letting me tag long with his Lille group, 3 foot fresh all dayyyy, trees were awesome, aerocharger freeride what a beasssstttt!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out Fri. Riding Sat & Sun.
Hoping to find these treed areas everyone talks about. Only know the same old beat paths.

Top Bottom