2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been in Oasis? We are driving out Weds. Will likely take a look in there. Definetly have to be careful though.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand how and why people continue to climb in avy alley. I'm in and out and it ticks me off every time I have to zig zag around the retards that are parked there slowing the rest of us down who just want to get through safely while they watch their moron friends climbing. I've seen it in the past at clemina too in goat ridge where the big slide was this year where guys are climbing on the hill right next to where it slid a few days earlier. I honestly think these guys figure that if it slid it must be safe, and, well this part didn't slide so it must be good to go. So many areas to play safe and they pic avy alley. Must be the same people that appear on canada's worst driver. None of us regular people understand how they can be that dumb either.

JDen

Reaction score
4 of us were in there 2 Saturdays ago(15th), left my sled in there, chopper flew it out late Friday(22nd) and said if it weren't for awesome GPS co-ordinates he never would have found it. Said he had to do a lot of digging to get down to it, so take that for whatever it's worth!lol

Anyone been in Oasis? We are driving out Weds. Will likely take a look in there. Definetly have to be careful though.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess We found a second entrance, Didn't know of it till yesterday. There were a few sleds up there before us since the last snow. First bowl had a few tracks, some death wish tracks too. as with the second. We didn't even go into the second, as we had lots of fun in the trees and south east meadows. Windy as hell, crossing the ridge we could feel our skin flash freeze.I don't think anyone went past the second bowl.

So the snow in there should be good then.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy just rolled into town. He is a newbie so with conditions the way they are, where should I takr him? I have been thinking about it all day and still can't make up my mind lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cuso I am sure we will be checking it out. Did you see much for slides in there? I am thinking it will be pretty unstable in there right now.

Guess We found a second entrance, Didn't know of it till yesterday. There were a few sleds up there before us since the last snow. First bowl had a few tracks, some death wish tracks too. as with the second. We didn't even go into the second, as we had lots of fun in the trees and south east meadows. Windy as hell, crossing the ridge we could feel our skin flash freeze.I don't think anyone went past the second bowl.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cuso I am sure we will be checking it out. Did you see much for slides in there? I am thinking it will be pretty unstable in there right now.

i would stay clear of the first bowl. lots of trees to play in the first zone without touching those monsters. even dropping into #2 is pretty hazardous.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My baby was stolen from Grande Cache, AB last night. 2013 Pro 163 with snowcheck voodoo blue panels and a MTNTK Blowhole. Please keep an eye out for me.
284047_10152191403910055_193024440_n_zpsc0010751.jpg

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never saw any activity. we chewed up a couple of steep short slopes without any propagation. Sunday's wind would definitely bring levels up in the south bowls.

We went into this area, but in a safe fashion. That bowl has some safe access that one could get into, and out... if you know where it is.. We never played in the runout zones we discovered some nice treed areas down der..

i would stay clear of the first bowl. lots of trees to play in the first zone without touching those monsters. even dropping into #2 is pretty hazardous.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never saw any activity. we chewed up a couple of steep short slopes without any propagation. Sunday's wind would definitely bring levels up in the south bowls.

We went into this area, but in a safe fashion. That bowl has some safe access that one could get into, and out... if you know where it is.. We never played in the runout zones we discovered some nice treed areas down der..

ya thats what i mean. in the first bowl but away from the big south west aspects. the other half is safe, along with the all the north east trees above. ive killed a day in there no problem

Top Bottom