2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

idoo

Reaction score
Not sure where we are riding but your welcome to join. Probably check out Allen today

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body on route today or tomorrow that's going by a BRP dealer that can pick me up a drive shaft bearing for an XP . Please message me on here or call 250-566-9933 I'll be around for the next hour and half
Thanks
TPOWER

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up Chappell today. COMPLETLEY tracked out to say the least. 1-2" soft stuff in the untracked lines which are scarce. Scratchers stayed down the whole day.

Buckle509

Reaction score
Looking to join a ground of people or a riding budding for feb 9th Sunday just got the sled going n good don't wanna go out alone got lots of mountain experience text or call me if I can join tomorrow 7803805184 Chris

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like it has been forever since we have seen fresh snowflakes fall in British Columbia. We have been enjoying some beautifully sunny days, although the temperatures have been a bit extreme, often dropping to below -25 during the night.....

There is good news in sight, as it finally looks like the weather forecast is calling for some new snow to fall this upcoming week.

Now, just a bit of a warming to all of you who are hungry for a fresh line in some deep snow. This new snow will fall on a series of weak layers that have been developing on and near the surface of the snowpack over the last few weeks.

We need to be a bit patient and see how any new load on these weak layers is going to react. Before you head out full steam ahead, check what the pros are saying at www.avalanche.ca and work your way slowly into the backcountry, observing and testing this new load as you go.

If this new snow falls, by all means enjoy it, but do it cautiously and conservatively.

If you are in town over the Alberta Family Day weekend, don't forget to stop by the Best Western Saturday night for our Avalanche Awareness evening. Check out the Events section on this page for more details.

Ride Safe!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Right on Curtis.. Great advice. A buddy and i will be there if the forecast holds up. Ill see if i can get a few things for the Avalanche awareness night!!

Acer

Reaction score
I just wants to give a big shout out to terry an Lisa at summit river lodge, just spent a week down there had an absolute blast. For anyone looking for some of the best home cooking and friendly lodging while on vacation you would have to look no further,

thanks again

Andrew

lleroux1

Reaction score
Going to Valemount / blue for three days starting Friday for my sons 14th birthday....looking for some folks to ride with just in "case". I'm an intermidiate rider and my son is more of the freestyle fearless rider...riding a pro rmk 800 - 155 and an m8 - 162. Let me know if you're going out and want two extras with your group.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to Valemount / blue for three days starting Friday for my sons 14th birthday....looking for some folks to ride with just in "case". I'm an intermidiate rider and my son is more of the freestyle fearless rider...riding a pro rmk 800 - 155 and an m8 - 162. Let me know if you're going out and want two extras with your group.
go check out foam creek in blue river ,by the sounds of it your boy will love bouncing and jumping off all the pillows.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reports of up to 30cms today in Chappell and more on the way for the weekend.

Ride safe folks and let this new load settle before pushing big terrain

Top Bottom