2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As honest as it gets.....

Access to Clemina and Chappell is possible although both areas are holding less than a meter of snow on average. Major natural hazards still exist including open water, thin ice covered lakes, rocks and other hard objects

Allen Creek access is only for the very experienced rider. The trail is steep, rocky and extremely slippery.

Temps in the valley bottom the last two days have been hovering just above zero and are not helping our cause.

I understand that the pictures and video can look good and are very deceiving. Don't get me wrong, if you can get into an area and avoid any damage, a baseless meter of snow can be a lot of fun......

I'm depressed.........:dontknow:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. Early season is always risky. We go every year. But we know we are gambling. This year one in our crew lost. He has some fixing to do. Like I said earlier we were going to go again tomorrow but with the current conditions we are holding off.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Headed that way in a couple weeks and starting to sweat.............thanks Curtis very appreciated!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As honest as it gets.....

Access to Clemina and Chappell is possible although both areas are holding less than a meter of snow on average. Major natural hazards still exist including open water, thin ice covered lakes, rocks and other hard objects

Allen Creek access is only for the very experienced rider. The trail is steep, rocky and extremely slippery.

Temps in the valley bottom the last two days have been hovering just above zero and are not helping our cause.

I understand that the pictures and video can look good and are very deceiving. Don't get me wrong, if you can get into an area and avoid any damage, a baseless meter of snow can be a lot of fun......

I'm depressed.........:dontknow:

is it in the budget to buy some snowmakers.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got to vale looking to find some good snow will post reports

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow conditions are still very thin in the Valemount area. We have had a long period with no precipitation and access to our riding areas has not improved. The riding areas are holding less than a meter of snow on average and many natural hazards still exist.

Clemina and Chappell Creek: These areas do have safe access although the trails are very thin and natural hazards including open creeks, stumps and heavy willows still exist. The overall snow depth is very shallow and riders are urged to use extreme caution.

Allen Creek: The access to this area is extremely difficult at this point. The trail is full of rocks and ice for most of the way. Please respect the gated trail as we need to avoid icing up this access in order to produce a good trail for the season.

For more information visit our website at Home | Valemount and Area Recreation Development Association and visit facebook.com/ridevalemount for updated photos and videos. Feel free to contact us at the office for further info or advice at 250-566-4817 or email VARDA at info@ridevalemount.com

Please ride carefully, there are some hazards that exist with in the lower snowpack and you should be trained before venturing into big terrain. Please visit Welcome to avalanche.ca for advice from the professionals.

New for 2013!

The Valemount Visitor Information Center will open 7 days a week this winter.
VARDA Memberships and Season Passes will be available and the staff will be a great source of information for all things winter related.

Hours: Sun-Thurs 10am-4pm, Friday 10am-9pm, Saturday 8am-5pm
Phone: 250-566-9893​

Top Bottom