2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the best idea I've seen on the site yet. Although $100 is steep. I'd say maybe $10/year. Gotta be reasonable.
We don't want to make varda the richest non profit in North America

Posted while drinking rum and watching ufc

Thegeneral

Nice! General
...you and me both....

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya but 7g at $10 might take a while to pay off. The only thing that would burn this would be guys poaching images and posting bringing down subscriptions but there has gotta be a way to make it work.
This is the best idea I've seen on the site yet. Although $100 is steep. I'd say maybe $10/year. Gotta be reasonable.
We don't want to make varda the richest non profit in North America

Posted while drinking rum and watching ufc

Thegeneral

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya but 7g at $10 might take a while to pay off. The only thing that would burn this would be guys poaching images and posting bringing down subscriptions but there has gotta be a way to make it work.

Yes I hear you too. How about a one time donation of $100 gets you a lifetime subscription ( first 70 people only ) and $10/ month for everyone else. Ill send my $100.
As soon as mom gets home lol

Thegeneral

tmurphy

Reaction score
Haaaa didn't snow any up top then and how far they go back we made it to avalanche alley the day before and no snow til km 6 on trail ........ We all need accurate info or no sense updating.... Did it snow up high??? Down low???? How much???

We were at Allen today. Here's your detailed report:

- There was 3.2cm of snow in the parking lot.
- There was snow on the trail all the way to the alpine.
- It snowed up high (5.175cm), down low (4.625cm) and every where in between (4.625-5.175cm)
- Detailed enough for you?.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sincerely appreciate the support for the idea. Not speaking on behalf of varda, but a pay to view is a tough one, and personally I'd like to share this info with everyone.

Ill keep working on it at the club level.

But in the mean time, should someone decide to open a paypal account and collect on our behalf, then donate directly and only to the cause of the camera, it could easily be used to help solicit matching funds....just sayin.

Ps....I'm confused on the Allen snow levels...lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dwight3566

Reaction score
So the question remains, is it worth coming out that way on Wednesday for a 2 day ride????

Or should i cancel my hotel reservations and make the trip to Revelstoke???

tmurphy

Reaction score
I would head to Revy unless Valemount gets a huge dump between now and Wednesday. Allen is setting up, it just needs another couple of feet and it will be good to go.
So the question remains, is it worth coming out that way on Wednesday for a 2 day ride????

Or should i cancel my hotel reservations and make the trip to Revelstoke???

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys keep dragging your Doos up the hill and flatten out some of the rocks. My Poo will likely break in half if it hits some of that stuff. Thanks for the updates.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. The last week of "Heavy Snowfall Warnings" brought a whopping 15cm of snow to the alpine by my measurements from last weekend compared to todays. Good news is that it was snowing up top today and some of it was occasionally reaching the valley bottom.

We are still under a meter in the alpine. Access to all areas is extremely difficult at this point. Prepare to deal with willow, rocks, stumps, ice and dirt....a good mix.

This can change in a minute and I will update when ever I receive more info.

Attachments

• DSCN4325_1024x768.JPG
    DSCN4325_1024x768.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCN4335_1024x768.JPG
    DSCN4335_1024x768.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 537
Top Bottom