2013 163 Summit going to a 3"

King

Reaction score
Is it possible to take the drivers and driveshaft off of a 2015 T3 (163) and bolt onto/into my 2013 163XM Summit? Anybody else done this mod, any problems? Thanks ahead for any input.

King

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. One more thing. Will the primary drive clutch and secondary driven clutch need to be swapped over as well? Or is this a non issue, or can they be swapped over?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutches switch over as well.
Not required . Just tuning required for the 2013.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do it ! I had a friend make the swap and it was not great . A t3 has more clearance on the tunnel which is key. A t3 will do circles around a xm with a 3 in. He actualy found the stock track worked better than the taller lug, real world test.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do it ! I had a friend make the swap and it was not great . A t3 has more clearance on the tunnel which is key. A t3 will do circles around a xm with a 3 in. He actualy found the stock track worked better than the taller lug, real world test.

Did your friend change the clutching and chain case gearing when putting a bigger track and smaller drivers on? If he didn't it would no doubt be a turd.

I've seen it work well on multiple occasions. If you use T3 clutching and gearing as a starting point I don't think you'll be disappointed.

King

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I looked on the BRP website and I should only have to change the small sprocket from a 19 to a 21 (the large chain sprocket is the same "51") and the chain is the same. Looks like I will be putting in a 3". With a little elbow grease of course.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I looked on the BRP website and I should only have to change the small sprocket from a 19 to a 21 (the large chain sprocket is the same "51") and the chain is the same. Looks like I will be putting in a 3". With a little elbow grease of course.

You might think about trying to find a set of 438 T3 primary ramps and the helix part numbers are different however I'm not sure what the difference is.

King

Reaction score
I am definitely going to throw the 438 ramps in, probably leave the helix alone until I see how she pulls. I have played with clutching quite a bit so I know what I am looking for. First track change though. Lol

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you or anyone else considered going with the new 3.5 pitch 3'' track? Avid is making the drivers but I don't see the track listed in the parts catalog. 10# lighter and the extra inch between paddles should help grip the snow better.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am definitely going to throw the 438 ramps in, probably leave the helix alone until I see how she pulls. I have played with clutching quite a bit so I know what I am looking for. First track change though. Lol

Do the skid relocate as well to match the T3. SHR make a kit that does this. Includes new drop brackets for rear and template to drill hole in the tunnel for the front. I made my own and bought the drop brackets from doo. Worked really good. Sled handles a lot differently, I also have the T3 front end as well so that probably helps.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Go take a look at the summit improvement thread.

if interested I have a set of dynamoe joe mountain ramps for sale $100... They are the same as the 438 ramps.

gofast89

Reaction score
What size of track are you using? I went from a 154 2.5 to a 154 3". Have 19/51 gears out of the box and changed ramps to 413s and lighter pin weight with the 2.5. Worked great but now with the 3" i find i could backshift quicker

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom