North trails need more snow to cover cultivated fields

Thanks

• Thanks
Reactions: PDQ
  • Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trails still Closed. Working on them. Please dont cut the fences that are closed VERY IMPORTANT. Lakes not ready to ride on

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK it happened even after all the warnings. Fence was opened and cattle got out. I have a landowner wondering who opened the gate. Please dont open or cut any gates or fences to go into areas . December is coming and trails will open then.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
OK it happened even after all the warnings. Fence was opened and cattle got out. I have a landowner wondering who opened the gate. Please dont open or cut any gates or fences to go into areas . December is coming and trails will open then.

Would it be worth while to talk with the farmer and see if we can put physical locks on these gates? it could be done in such a way that the farmer could have his own lock and we as a club could have our lock as well, that would make slow some of these people down..... hopefully they haven't been shot by hunters out there too......

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Another issue. Saturday landowner heard talking behind his shed went to look what was happening. 4 sledders drinking beer . Kicked them off his property then he had to pick up the emptys then he fenced off the trail. Wasn`t the clubs trail just a local riders trail. Not good people. I know its not all sledders BUT how many loosers does it take to close a trail system to the good sledders?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Another issue. Saturday landowner heard talking behind his shed went to look what was happening. 4 sledders drinking beer . Kicked them off his property then he had to pick up the emptys then he fenced off the trail. Wasn`t the clubs trail just a local riders trail. Not good people. I know its not all sledders BUT how many loosers does it take to close a trail system to the good sledders?

same land owner or a different one? Is there really any solid way to keep people off a property? I mean we've all heard of "sledders" cutting fences to gain access to fields etc..... not good for a trail system that is already having access issues in the north! :nono:

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
same land owner or a different one? Is there really any solid way to keep people off a property? I mean we've all heard of "sledders" cutting fences to gain access to fields etc..... not good for a trail system that is already having access issues in the north! :nono:

Tyler I guess we will have to sign every gate with simple instruction on what is going on. Locals or out of area riders should know better i would think. Guess not.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tyler I guess we will have to sign every gate with simple instruction on what is going on. Locals or out of area riders should know better i would think. Guess not.

everyone feels they have a right of passage to the land..... too bad its going to cause major headaches for you and the rest of the club if it doesn't stop...... what kind of sign do you put up "Hey A$$holes, Stay the #$%^ out of this field until gates are opened"? pretty sure that won't work either..... The big "trail closed sign" by the clubhouse SHOULD be enough.....

Skidoo XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
update she was able to get all her cattle back in her field and the farm put some cattle signs up at gates while her cattle in the field to see if that helps.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
update she was able to get all her cattle back in her field and the farm put some cattle signs up at gates while her cattle in the field to see if that helps.

it really still shouldn't have to come down to that Robbie.

The Alberta Beach trail has a game camera up in a "troublesome" location to try to catch some of the "troublemakers" maybe this is something Ft Sask should be looking into?

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is such a bad thing... People need to have respect for land owners. And respect for people in general.

Jabs

Reaction score
trail cameras would be a good idea but im guessing those would disapear once they found out they were there and that they would be caught trespassing. glad the cattle got back into the feild though. i understand people want to ride, im in the same boat but there is a right and a wrong way of doing it. opening gates and cutting fences when you dont have the permission to do so is the wrong way.
thank you sledderglen and machz for the updates on the trails. looks like if the snow stays and people respect the land we should have a good trail to ride this season.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
trail cameras would be a good idea but im guessing those would disapear once they found out they were there and that they would be caught trespassing. glad the cattle got back into the feild though. i understand people want to ride, im in the same boat but there is a right and a wrong way of doing it. opening gates and cutting fences when you dont have the permission to do so is the wrong way.
thank you sledderglen and machz for the updates on the trails. looks like if the snow stays and people respect the land we should have a good trail to ride this season.

We couldn`t do it without all the help from the volunteers.

sledheadjoe

Reaction score
First time I heard of this recent event I'm not knocking the fact it could be a-hole sledders but it could be pouchers too just saying. I live near the trail area. And got permission to ride most areas. I don't mean to knock the camera idea either but that should at land owners expense. Simple solution to landowners if you don't sledders in your field fence and no trespassing signs. For those disrespectful sledders I know theres a few landowners that don't give warning shots.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there enough snow to stage and go north to bruderheim to test the sleds?

TRAILS ARE CLOSED as well as the staging area. We would like riders to not come out yet. With no trail layed out where are you going to go. You shouldn`t just take off and go riding as this could cause landowner issues. We have had 2 negative events out here already this last 2 weeks. The trail system will be up and running in early December. Please wait.

Top Bottom