2012 Skidoo summit Tra clutch

hartyr

Reaction score
When is it a good time to rebuild the primary clutch? or at what km should a guy be doing it?

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a certain amount of km intervals to replace parts or do a rebuild but someone else may know. But I just pull it off and clean it frequently when it appears to have dust build up and while I have it off I take it apart to inspect everything and replace whatever needs to be replaced.

R_janssen

Reaction score
Most replace the spring every season as it weakens being compressed. Always good to pull apart and check the rollers and arms and give it a good cleaning. Also good to pull the secondary apart and check the rollers in it as well. I found on of the rollers in my secondary broken when I pulled it apart this season. Had about 2800 miles on mine and its a 2012 Summit X.

Sent from my iPhone

hartyr

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!! I think ill be pulling it apart after this season....got about 2800km on the machine

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TRA parts will be worn in a 1000-1500 miles. Doesn't mean you have to replace them in that time but the longer you wait the more they wear and it can start to create vibrations not always felt by the rider but impacts the crank.

If you ride quite a bit, which it doesn't sound like you do, a rebuild before each season is cheap insurance. At 2800km I would rebuild it all before next season. You can purchase complete refresh kits that come with everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually just blow mine out with air every ride,and have had no issues. At about 3200 Kms I fully disassembled it and put in the maintenance kit brp sells. I noticed the arms were actually starting to seize up as they didn't fall back down if you lifted them up when the clutch was laying on the bench. I measured the old buttons and the new ones , there was absolutely zero wear on them, which surprised me as would have expected at least some wear with that many Kms. I guess I should probably change my spring one of these days too. A quick reminder when you reinstall the clutch, run it up to 25-30 Kms on a stand and slam the brakes 3-4 times, then re torque the clutch bolt. Then again 2-3 times after you ride until it's tight.

Top Bottom