2012 Polaris Pro RMK burnig way more oilthan normal

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rolled my sled and smashed the throttle block, replaced the throttle block but didn't touch anything else, now my sled burns a tank of oil or more to a tank of gas,which is far from normal. The sled still works great, no smoking, no bogging and plugs are showing no signs of extra oil. Help help help!!!!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crack in the tank? No signs of any leaking anywhere? If it was burning that much oil, it would be rather noticeable in the exhaust.

bbecker17

Reaction score
id be checking oil lines for cracks aswell, if it is burning all that oil VES valves wont be staying clean very long

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a quick look and didn't see any oil leaking any where but going to tear the sled down and have a really good look, and then maybe a RK big bore kit

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Check to see if your oil pump linkage rod popped off. It will make the pump go wide open.

bk720

Reaction score
speaking of oil pump linkage, when installing a new one is their any timeing to be done with oil pump and throttle body? Mine broke when removing throttle body. The linkage on the oil pump just spins around with no stop buy hand and im not sure if this is normal or not.

Top Bottom