2012 polaris pro Piston Failure need help

mudpro9

Reaction score
I would probably pull your turbo and check the vanes. Some of that piston could have went threw it also. Your likely better off to pop open the bottom end and go threw it also could save you a headache later on.

mudpro9

Reaction score
Aerocharger can rebuild it for you not sure if they will just sell you the parts. Same thing happened to a friends summit. Ya by the looks of it you had pre detonation on the one cylinder, strange it is only one side though.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely looks like it leaned out and got hot. I would also inspect the turbo. Inspect your injectors, maybe a plug came off one injector. Happened to me, and the piston looks identical to what mine looked like. Happened under full boost? p

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whos fuel controller? With it being a new turbo application, seems to me that there is a tuning issue.
What fuel? What boost? What altitude? And what was your air fuel gauge reading prior and during the melt down?
Alot of variables = alot of questions to be answered.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I just re-read that it's a boost-it controller.
Call Neil at boost-it and go through the values with him, make sure it's right.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not pointing fingers at boost-it. Just trying to figure the cause, and by asking the right questions you will eventually find it. Really looks to me that it got hot.

Top Bottom