2012 ford dpf delete...yes or no????

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The turbos on the 6.7 are letting go regardless of mods or not. Ford knows there is an issue with them and are working on a solution. another Solution to the problem is an upgraded turbo I can get custom turbos for the 6.7 we have one in pincher creek with just over 80,000 km's of hard miles with the upgraded turbo and custom tuning and it works awesome! I we also did a sinister egr delete as the sinister kit doesnt block off the coolant we have been seeing the H&s plugs rotting out over a period of time and causing some pretty nasty problems. Great kit we just add the coolant line to it and make it flow. H&S and spartan both got good products of course a custom built tune for these will be your best bet but dont go KEM they are wrecking trucks. SCT should also be releasing some DPF delete tunes for there new products and that is gonna be another solid performer.

One of the guys I ride with had that problem. Last April, hauling ass down the interstate about 5 miles east of Miles City, Montana, pulling up a hill and it blew a hole in one of the charge tube elbows. Limped it into Miles City and went to the Ford dealer. Didn't have the hose in stock but they pulled one off a truck on the lot. One of the guys with us is a Ford dealer, which probably helped. Changed the hose and didn't dig much further. First hill on the other side of town, BOOOOM, same thing again. Turned around, called the dealer (getting close to quitting time by now) and we limped it in. Found the block off plugs leaking on the secondary cooling system. The local NAPA had the right size plugs and a couple of their shop guys stuck around and changed them out for us. The stupid part was, the trip before, I walked infront of the truck at the parking lot when we got back from riding and told him I could smell coolant. He had a rad changed a couple months before and blamed it on residual coolant hanging around.

g123

Reaction score
Well I've done it... DPF is comming off and an H&S mini is going in. Fingers crossed that she'll hould together!!

fodf350

Reaction score
I haven't heard of turbos going in these trucks either. Myself and quite a few friends and family have em and not 1 issue. I only have 50K on mine (2011 build 1), but it runs like a champ, and I love driving it! I guess I'd venture more into engine mods if I had a hole burning in my pocket. I plain out "have" too many hobbies to spend my money on. I pull a 32' 5th wheel and 18' Four Winns runabout in tandem. There hasn't been a time I couldn't pass when I needed to. Maybe when warranty is off, I might get an H&S. I heard good things about them

Last edited:
Top Bottom