2012 ford dpf delete...yes or no????

g123

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has any real word experience with doing a DPF delete on a 2012 Ford yet? I'm well aware of the consequences of doing it but I'm still very tempted. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
powerstroke.org is a good place to look, a few threads on there, I am on the fence too but this thing is soooo nice and quiet and not stinky. I don't know if I can go back.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has any real word experience with doing a DPF delete on a 2012 Ford yet? I'm well aware of the consequences of doing it but I'm still very tempted. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

A friend of mine had done it, he has gone through 2 turbos so far. He has since gone back to the factory exhaust, can't not say for sure if it was the delete taking them out but at 8g a pop I don't blame him

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The programmer really has to know what he is doing, H@S canned tunes seem to be about the best so far, guys are happy with them. Do not do a kem green tune, they suck.. roasting turbos left and right. I think the days of big fun in a plastic box are coming to end myself.

bigoil

Reaction score
I have 160000kms with deleates on 2011 6.7 with h&s programmer AFE 4'' exhaust always run truck on stock power setting dpf off not one issue.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know of a couple guys that have done it. One has gone through 2 turbos and the other has been fine. I think the best way to go is do the deletes and H&S programmer. Leave the programmer on stock power. Do the same thing on my 6.4 with no problems. Usually bump it up to level 1 for towing. Also running it on the Mild tune setting. i think most guys with issues are running the programmer as high as they can go o pretty close to that.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running my mini maxx on the hot tune on my 2012 duramax and have had zero problems. I know it's not the same but I get the best mileage on that setting, over 1300km to a tank highway driving and it's a blast to drive. Again I realize the ford and gm are totally different but I think it's more of how you treat it and drive it. The 6.7 blowing turbos can be jus part of the growing pains with the new engine but if you drive it sensible on the 150hp tune I think you will be ok.

bigoil

Reaction score
I can only get about 500 to 600 kms to a tank in my 6.7 only 26 gal tank around 20 to 23 mpg i wish these trucks had bigger tanks.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can only get about 500 to 600 kms to a tank in my 6.7 only 26 gal tank around 20 to 23 mpg i wish these trucks had bigger tanks.

Yeah my duramax has 40 gal tank. Cant let it get too low or I break the bank filling it up lol.

Crazyfrenchy

Reaction score
I've been running spartan diesel tech on my last 4 trucks. Best one by far. These guys know there business. All the turbo and people breaking down is BS. I ran my last truck 155000k on about 650hp. Truck never seen the dealer once, never broke nothing. Learn how to drive and your truck will last forever. And trust me, I've done many burn outs on 37" mts and never even blew a converter.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You can get a bigger aftermarket tank my dad has one on his and gets 1200kms without filling up, fits right where the factory tank was

Sent from a iPhone

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With these numbers you are only getting 14.42 MPG not 20 to 23
600km divided by 1.6 =375 miles
375 divided by 26 gallons =14.42 :(

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes put in a titian tank. Goes from 90 l to 185 l

Bolt right in and come with one extra support bracket.

sent from my htc

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 f350, I deleted the DPF, Urea and EGR cooler and installed an H&S tunner, cold air and turbo back exhaust system at around 800kms on the truck. Lost a turbo at 17335 kms dealer I am with did all of the deletes and fully covered the cost to replace the turbo and maintain my warrenty.

My buddy also has a 2012 bone stock he lost a turbo at 55000 kms and it was covered as well. From what I have found out on the net and by word of mouth these trucks are hit and miss with turbo problems. Some fail when everything is stock others when mods are added and so have been running on hot and have 80+kms with no problems at all.

Would I do it again? I don't think so, not because of the turbo failure but but because you can keep all that in your truck, add the H&S and still get good mileage and power.

FYI 27k on the truck, lifted and a bunch of other crap (check my garage) around 1000-1200 per tank mostly run it on stock or mild setting.

Boostmonkey

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 f350, I deleted the DPF, Urea and EGR cooler and installed an H&S tunner, cold air and turbo back exhaust system at around 800kms on the truck. Lost a turbo at 17335 kms dealer I am with did all of the deletes and fully covered the cost to replace the turbo and maintain my warrenty.

My buddy also has a 2012 bone stock he lost a turbo at 55000 kms and it was covered as well. From what I have found out on the net and by word of mouth these trucks are hit and miss with turbo problems. Some fail when everything is stock others when mods are added and so have been running on hot and have 80+kms with no problems at all.

Would I do it again? I don't think so, not because of the turbo failure but but because you can keep all that in your truck, add the H&S and still get good mileage and power.

FYI 27k on the truck, lifted and a bunch of other crap (check my garage) around 1000-1200 per tank mostly run it on stock or mild setting.

Boostmonkey

What dealership do you go to??

Sent from a iPhone

bigoil

Reaction score
I can probley go more then 600kms really when truck is on empty it will only take around 70to 75 litres to fill fuel gauge probley not accurate any one know where i can get a titan tank installed and price. Truck usually shows around 750 km to empty when i fill it up i dont think i can get that far its lifted with 35'' tires and plastic missing on front i had stock tires and rims on once i could go alot further then

Last edited:

Houston

Reaction score
I have a 2011 with DPF removed and run a Spatran programmer. Everything works great running on the 140 hp gain. In the summer i pull a 40 ft tri axle toy hauler with no issue's. Fuel mileage is great in my opinion. Pulling the trailer with 2 quads the the truck shows 14L/100km. I know they are not accurate but before the programmer and exhaust it showed 26L/100KM. Just saying

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The turbos on the 6.7 are letting go regardless of mods or not. Ford knows there is an issue with them and are working on a solution. another Solution to the problem is an upgraded turbo I can get custom turbos for the 6.7 we have one in pincher creek with just over 80,000 km's of hard miles with the upgraded turbo and custom tuning and it works awesome! I we also did a sinister egr delete as the sinister kit doesnt block off the coolant we have been seeing the H&s plugs rotting out over a period of time and causing some pretty nasty problems. Great kit we just add the coolant line to it and make it flow. H&S and spartan both got good products of course a custom built tune for these will be your best bet but dont go KEM they are wrecking trucks. SCT should also be releasing some DPF delete tunes for there new products and that is gonna be another solid performer.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya some places are having turbo issues some arent. I know a few spots in the states that are popping turbos like crazy! we have a couple guys around the pincher creek area but the one guy popped the first one and instantly tried to find an aftermarket solution and so far working the other couple guys have been through there second turbos before 120,000 km's. not sure if the turbo is caused by a failure in a bearing or its not getting the proper amount of oil to it.

Top Bottom