2012 etec clutch kit roosterbuilt or dynamo joe

ozzy

Reaction score
I bought a used 2012 x 163 etec and it won't pull over 7500 on clicker 5 in the hills buddy's sled pulls 7900 all day on clicker 1 . Not stock clutching in it came from the coast who's clutch kit is working best on the etecs had joes kit in my 08 worked awesome

Darren400

Reaction score
Rooster built gets my vote, David and Paul are both stand up guys, and there clutch kits work great!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rooster built gets my vote, David and Paul are both stand up guys, and there clutch kits work great!

What he said. They live and ride in some of the same type of mountains. You could also contact Deano on here as he has apparently done some pretty good things and is able to run some taller gearing which is nice.

ozzy

Reaction score
Anyone else running any of these kits and experience good or bad

Daniel475

Reaction score
have a clutch kit from rooster built in my 13 pro , no complaints at all, runs awsome nice and smooth and great customer service

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running a Roosterbuilt and love it. Pulled off DJ stuff to try out the Roosterbuilt and i will tell you that Roosterbuilt is a much better set up. I will never run DJ on a mountain sled ever again.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is so different about it ??

from my HTC

Both can be considered an improvement over stock. Both will appeal to riders but may appeal in different ways.

I have said many times, no one kit will make everyone happy. Clutching is subjective and how one person prefers their sled to respond and perform may be completely different than the next guy. I have had Joey's clutching in two different sleds and have tried Rooster built and others since and prefer the latter for my riding. It doesn't mean someone doesn't have a good product.

With knowledge you can create your own "kit". You just have to understand what spring pressures, ramp angles and helix values do to your sled. You might not have the ability to custom grind ramps or change a helix angle but you can get closer to your desired result.

Many clutch "kit" guys do not want to share what ramps, helix, and springs they use as they are the ones who invested the time into making it work. Making it work might mean they wanted to achieve a full shift, or have an aggressive low rpm engagement or maybe have a great backshift, maybe someone wants to run taller gears more efficiently.

Every positive change you make will have a negative effect on something else. Combining those changes to achieve a happy medium where most riders feel the performance of the clutching best suits their needs is what a "kit" usually does.

A good tuner will be able to modify their kit to meet the customers needs if the customer explains what they feel is lacking for their application.

:)

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom