2012 Edson ATV Club Poker Rally - July 7, 2012

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good bunch of us are planning to head up for the day. Looking forward to it!

Lahey99

Reaction score
Can't wait for this one!! Haven't been on snow and mud in ages should check this place more often haha

Lahey99

Reaction score
Yeppppp I haven't been on here in months .... With my big 17 posts

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are staying at fickle lake for the weekend, used to be free wood but they have to charge for it now, we are in site 35 last site of loop 2. We are heading out tomorrow afternoon and Lahey99 will be out after they get off work. Not sure who is doing the Random camping at the staging area.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! ...machines are still broke. I'm still going up but am gonna have to ride in Sheila's bitch seat.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another great rally this year! Some of the mud holes got a tad congensted which made for slow going to checkpoint #1. Then, we decided to take the "wet" way and they had already shut down checkpoint #2 by the time we made it to that checkpoint. But that's OK, we had fun trying to make it in on time and they let us draw all of our cards at the end anyway. I'm sure it was possible, but we would have had to bust our humps hard to make it in on time.

This is the second year I've gone and the second year I haven't been able to make it in on time. I sure hope they run this rally again next year because I'm now on a mission to actually finish this one!

Thanks to the organizers for another reat rally! ...and good job on the trail makers (much better than last year).

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We started at about 8:20 and completed the rally as the second group by 11:30. Then decided to go down the first little bit of the first section. The ruts were huge and trail was really chewed up. there was a new Arctic Cat wildcat that was slightly screwed with 2 real bent tie rods and a broken axle, looks They they would have some fun to get that out. said they had over 400 quads. great job on the rally. trails set up good and signage good.

Pitbull

Reaction score
I took my young daughter on her first rally and she had a ball. We were one of the first on the trail and found it very easy to follow. Hit all the wet trails and only got stuck once. Glad we were out early as 400 + quads were said to be out that day. As we waited for the draws I had a great time chatting with the club members. My daughter made a friend with a young gal close to her age. Edson ATV Club - thanks for a great day, see you all next year.
George: thanks for the cool one.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We started at about 8:20 and completed the rally as the second group by 11:30. Then decided to go down the first little bit of the first section. The ruts were huge and trail was really chewed up. there was a new Arctic Cat wildcat that was slightly screwed with 2 real bent tie rods and a broken axle, looks They they would have some fun to get that out. said they had over 400 quads. great job on the rally. trails set up good and signage good.

Yep came across the wildcat just after we got on the trail... then the commander and rzr in the "mud pit" to my knowledge were both left behind. Our group helped get the rzr across the bridge.

Was my first quad rally and I did enjoy it...I think it's all about starting earlier, would have been FAR better to get on those trails BEFORE even another 100 machines chewed them up. Next year I'm gonna camp up there....lol

All in all though it seemed like a well organized rally and yes the trail was very well marked. Thanks to the organizers and all the volunteers!!

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We left at 9:20 and got back at 2:30. Took all the wet trails and had a blast. Thanks to the Edson ATV club for putting on a great rally :)

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a great rally till we overheated and it would not come around. The trail was fun, most people were great, a few were a little rude but that is life eh. Thanks again for letting us stay at the staging area as our reservation was"lost" at Fickle, worked out for the better, I think we will go again next year and plan to stay again(bringing a freaking mosquito tent though). Nice to see so many like minded people. Thanks to the Edson ATV club for putting it on. Now my wife is gonna push to get loose next weekend to come to the jamboree with me. Dean and Sheila what have you done?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...Now my wife is gonna push to get loose next weekend to come to the jamboree with me. Dean and Sheila what have you done?

Ah well, damage is done. If you like we can act like total azzhats around her at the jamboree.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its nice to hear such good feed back hte trail was definetly wet but hard to control the rain i ran sweeper at the end and couldnt even recognize lots of the trail from the day before and i made 2 rounds on it. had a real war zone look to it in a have fun kind of way.

Top Bottom