2012 Edson ATV Club Poker Rally - July 7, 2012

motrhed

Reaction score
We have confirmed that this year's Edson ATV Club Poker Rally will be Saturday, July 7, 2012.

The staging area will be the same as previous years but the course will be changing. More details will be released as we get closer to the event.

Thanks,

Edson ATV Club

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide if we are gonna camp or just drive out, what is the cost and format.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide if we are gonna camp or just drive out, what is the cost and format.

Just headed up last year for a day trip and had a blast even though we didn't even made it to check point 2 - good times! A work of advice though, if you go for a day trip, LEAVE EARLY so you're not the last guy through every mud hole.

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good advice, hopefully I can get Josh and Stephanie to come out and play (Lahey99). He was torn between going to the wedding or coming quadding at Goodfish. I hope he had a really good time as I know we sure did! Looking forward to the next one.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the lake of floating grass going to be eliminated this year, wouldn't hurt my feelings!
what he said..everything was great except for that!! and the steep dangerous hill just off the road at one of the corners of a road,,,see ya there!

motrhed

Reaction score
Many of the details are up in the air right now but I will update periodically.
The final route will not be known until probably the week prior to the event. We try to keep the trail and event as family friendly as possible yet still provide some challenges for the more adventurous. Trail choice can be difficult as a particular portion may be easily passable for the first 50 quads, but could be a major challenge after 100. Weather plays a huge factor in the trail conditions and it is our responsibility to respect our environment by avoiding sensitive locations.
Our area has some of the best ATV riding in the province and the Edson ATV Club has been reinvesting all money raised back into this trail network. We focus primarily on bridging creeks/rivers and protecting sensitive sections of trails.
Everything this club does is accomplished by volunteers, if you are interested in supporting a club that returns it's proceeds to the trails, please support us by becoming a member and/or supporting our event. See for more information.

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope its the same nasty, great time as last year. One of the best ones ever.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 3dwp__blow_me_by_juliegfx-d48cfqm.jpg
    3dwp__blow_me_by_juliegfx-d48cfqm.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 480

motrhed

Reaction score
whats the random camping like in the area?
There are many different random camping locations along the Swanson Road that are suitable for just a couple RV's or a group of a dozen or more. The Staging Area has enough room for 30 to 40 units if people set-up their camps efficiently and don't waste space. The sites are located both before and after the staging area, some providing better trail access to the staging area than others (for safety reasons, we would like to keep road riding to a minimum).

Keep in mind that this wilderness is our backyard, please leave the trails and camping areas as clean or cleaner than you found them!!

motrhed

Reaction score
A small group of club members were out scouting the area this weekend in preparation for the rally. The proposed route combines many new sections with the old and avoids many sensitive areas that wouldn't react well to a few hundred quads. The steep hill and "large floating grass area" mentioned earlier are not in this route, the new trail is primarily on high solid ground and is geared to be family friendly.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But there will be a little mud right? Can't be washing the quad just so I can keep it clean, I mean the whole point of washing the quad before the rally is to see how much fun you had right? Or is that just me? Looking forward to the ride regardless, thanks for the work you all do.:)

motrhed

Reaction score
But there will be a little mud right? Can't be washing the quad just so I can keep it clean, I mean the whole point of washing the quad before the rally is to see how much fun you had right? Or is that just me? Looking forward to the ride regardless, thanks for the work you all do.:)

It would be unusual for it to be totally dry everywhere on this proposed route, but the amount of moisture is up to Mother Nature...

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet i might try and hot this one up

Had a riot at Robb... even though we didnt finish haha

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like Lahey99 and his better half are coming and we are staying out at fickle lake for the weekend.

motrhed

Reaction score
The poker rally is fast approaching... come on out and support a club that puts the proceeds back into the trail network!

Edson ATV Club
10th Annual Poker Rally
Saturday, July 7th

Location: 16 kms west of Edson on Hwy 16, turn right on range road 192 (Swanson Road), 8 kms North to Staging Area on the right hand side. Signs will be posted.

or

Pre-Registration: Friday evening 7pm - 9pm in the big tent.

All hands must be in by 4pm, Draws at 5pm sharp!!!

There will be lots of door prizes and draws, bring your $$$$ as all of the revenue collected is spent on trail development and improvements!!

Club Memberships will be sold at the Rally, only $5 per single or $10 per family.

If you are interested in the future of ATV riding in West Central Alberta, join our club and help make a difference!

Last edited:
Top Bottom