2012 cat storage

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a '12 xf 800 high country, and i am a little disappointed in cats zero attempt in onboard storage.... i realize that there is aftermarket accessories that i can buy, (again, seems like another money grab marketing scheme) but i was just wondering what other guys are doing or have done to gain storage for things like spare belts, extra parts, plugs, tow ropes etc etc.

I have taken the seat off and removed the battery bracket and placed a few emergency items, and bought the goggle heater bag, but wouldn't mind some more ideas or what accessories guys have found to be very good

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Handlebar bag. And mountain addiction bag on tunnel.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I just bought a '12 xf 800 high country, and i am a little disappointed in cats zero attempt in onboard storage.... i realize that there is aftermarket accessories that i can buy, (again, seems like another money grab marketing scheme) but i was just wondering what other guys are doing or have done to gain storage for things like spare belts, extra parts, plugs, tow ropes etc etc.

I have taken the seat off and removed the battery bracket and placed a few emergency items, and bought the goggle heater bag, but wouldn't mind some more ideas or what accessories guys have found to be very good

without the battery bracket does the seat still "click in"?

we reversed the bolt on that bracket on ours, and that's where our spare belt is, and a 2nd set of plugs will be going in there soon.

tunnel bags, handlebar bags are going to be your best options for storage, otherwise, wear a back pack

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut the bracket and bolted the piece that the seat clicks into back onto the sled

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put the belt in half & zip tie together. It fits like a glove behind the aftermarket can on your sled. If you still have the stock can it fits good between the secondary clutch & side panel, I just drilled a small hole in the edge of the side panel plastic.

Top Bottom