2012 Brute Force

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we have any season reviews this year from new owners of the 2012 BF 750EPS? Might be looking before next spring and would like some realistic experience.

Jason

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 08 bf750 and im pretty happy so far. heard the 12 got some good upgrades.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also heard as well, but have not yet heard of any good or bads apart from the machine going into limp mode because of the belt.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having owned and rode with many brutes over the years ,i will throw in my two cents : The 2012 is a more refined brute with power steering,and improvements to handling over past years. I love the kawi V twin ,truly a great motor with amazing bottom end. I like the variable locking front diff, some people don`t. (keep it adjusted) . Strong axles, a belt system that works well when clutched properly.

Overall a great bike with a prov-en track record. Here in lies the problem though, although the brute has had minor improvements over the years,two other brands have had major leaps in progress..........Canam & Popo have both raised the bar so much that the brute simply can not match up without ALOT of mods. Canam and popo are running in that 71hp (800) 82 (1000) and 850 popo at 78 hp. I believe the brute is in the high fifties still.........PLUS the handling/ground clearance etc are far superior on these as well.
The kicker is the brute USED to be 3 to 4 k cheaper so it worked out okay. Now that gap is closed, and i bet you can buy a 850 for less than a brute...........If in the market i would look for a canam or 850 xp bearing in mind the dollar value .....imo

Top Bottom