2012 1100 turbo T boned.

gotmy17

Reaction score
So I was out today and and got t boned on my new seld. Tunnel is bent, steering post bent, and pretty sure the frame is bent. None of the body panels are going back on. Having said that is it worth fixing or will I always have problems. Also would insurance cover this? Makes me sick only 150k on her. Also is there anything more I should be looking for?

Bicknell1545

Reaction score
claim it....probably wrote off. if u have full coverage. take it to your dealer and see what they say but sounds exspensive to fix. nothing $16400 wont fix thow. any how good luck

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you got T-boned it should be the other guys insurance fixing it. But that sounds pricey just by your discription. Pics would help.

Keep us updated.

gotmy17

Reaction score
Other guy did not have insurance!!! I will put some pic on tomorrow. Things I know for sure are.Tunnel bent right where the body meets the tunnel.Foot rest on the tunnel bent.Tunnel support bracket bent.Brake shield bentBelly pan broken.Side panel broken.Steering shifted (Not sure if it's bent).Black powder coat peeling.No idea on the frame but if my steering post is shifted odds are......Seeing that it took 6 weeks longer then they said to get my sled I can can only assume it will be forever for parts. Will keep you updated.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Other guy did not have insurance!!! I will put some pic on tomorrow. Things I know for sure are.Tunnel bent right where the body meets the tunnel.Foot rest on the tunnel bent.Tunnel support bracket bent.Brake shield bentBelly pan broken.Side panel broken.Steering shifted (Not sure if it's bent).Black powder coat peeling.No idea on the frame but if my steering post is shifted odds are......Seeing that it took 6 weeks longer then they said to get my sled I can can only assume it will be forever for parts. Will keep you updated.

Sucks to be him but unless you were parked sideways on a marked trail I would expect that the person doing the T-boning is at fault and repairs are his responsibility.... who rides without insurance???? I've ridden without registration but only once without insurance and even though I was not "at-fault" it almost cost me big time.... If it happened on public land he can be charged and sued if not cooperative.

Your insurance will cover the claim and go after him for reimbursment..

Top Bottom