2011 Summit SP or 2011 Summit X Etec

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im having a hard time trying to decide between the 2 Sled.

What would you Reccomend and why?

2011 Summit SP 800PTEK - 1yr Warrenty

2011 Summit X 154 Etec - 3yr Warrenty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a tough call because the SP will leave you some extra coin to do a few mods but the 3yr warranty with the etec is worth its weight in gold

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the etec they hot great power and fuel economy is awesome. The warranty for three years is always a good thing especially with how a guy rides these machines.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt base your decision off fuel economy. the 800r is no pig on fuel either.

this is an expensive game and a few bucks on fuel here and there is a wash

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt base your decision off fuel economy. the 800r is no pig on fuel either.

this is an expensive game and a few bucks on fuel here and there is a wash

Fuel economy to me does not matter . when its empty its empty.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The warrenty would really sway my decision. Given that it is a new motor for these sleds, being able to drop it off and get it fixed for 3 years is pretty excellent.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly. 3yr warranty on a 2stroke....id take that and run

Thats true, I just dont know. Haha i pretty much had decided to go with the SP yesturday and then i Second guessed myselfand not have no clue which way to go. Only because it is a new motor.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya forsure and like i told you my 2010 is perfect so probly same with the 11s. all the bugs are worked out put a can on and ride it.

i dont see any issues with the etec being it is still based off the 800r engine.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im having a hard time trying to decide between the 2 Sled.

What would you Reccomend and why?

2011 Summit SP 800PTEK - 1yr Warrenty

2011 Summit X 154 Etec - 3yr Warrenty.

Why even buy a 2011 800r? Go with the 2010, it's cheaper and pretty much the same.

Of the two choices go Etec haven't heard anything too bad yet except they're very expensive!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why even buy a 2011 800r? Go with the 2010, it's cheaper and pretty much the same.

Of the two choices go Etec haven't heard anything too bad yet except they're very expensive!

Actually i cant Find anyone who can touch the price i can get the SP for with their 2010s

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought an etec with the extended warranty.

Even if it is based off the ptek motor, there are a LOT of differences, and after the elctrical issues the 600's saw early on, the 3 year warranty on our 800 was a no brainer.

First year sled, ya most the rest of the chassis is finally figured out, but ya can't go wrong with warranty.

Power wise you will not notice a night and day difference, but the suspension is a LOT better over previous models, that was our major deciding factor to upgrade xp models.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought an etec with the extended warranty.

Even if it is based off the ptek motor, there are a LOT of differences, and after the elctrical issues the 600's saw early on, the 3 year warranty on our 800 was a no brainer.

First year sled, ya most the rest of the chassis is finally figured out, but ya can't go wrong with warranty.

Power wise you will not notice a night and day difference, but the suspension is a LOT better over previous models, that was our major deciding factor to upgrade xp models.

Ya i dunno what to do hahah. Everyone ive talked to who has a Etec says they love it. And anyone ive talked to with a 2010 Ptek said they love it.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode 3 days in Valemount last weekend. One of the guys in our group has a 163 X with the E-Tec and he was outclimbing everything in the deep, baseless powder, and this was the first time it was ever ridden.:eek: I can't imagine how that thing is gonna work after the ECU break in period is done. For reference we had an '08 XP with a Split Second 880 in it; running a 174" track that was able to stay close the STOCK 163 E-Tec when we got into any serious deep powder climbing.:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something wrong with your 880 and your 174 track. any lugs left?

an elan with a 174 should beat a 163x etec considering a taller lug and longer.

the etec is maybe 8 more hp. not going to work better than a 174 with factory 800r motor.

but yes the etec will perform better than the 800r stock to stock spent time on both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom