2011 summit etec issues

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually you don't......You can read up to 75 posts for free. I agree though the pay to read crap is rediculous for snowest.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id like to know what a TON means to you. as far as i know there havee only been something like 4 failures on the etec accross canada. same with the prormk.

Bahaha. Two that ive seen from my local dealership and one was the owner himself,,,wish i woulda asked him how many hes had back, somebodies feedin serious bs to you guys.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All sleds out there are junk no matter what make or year. Think about this for a second. They are coming from the factory pushing 160 HP in a small engine, AND they are mass produced. Something is bound to go wrong with a few of them. Don't like it? Stay in the house.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Brentk

Reaction score
I agree with underdog. You guys want 165 horse at 450 lbs and then go ride the fricken things at 8000 rpm all day while chucking them off of cliffs and roll them out of 4' trenchs only to pound the f**k out of them on the whoops on the way down, chuck em in the truck and then drive 5 hours back on salty roads home...Then, don't touch them in your shop all week and then expect magic as soon as your lid drops on your head for the start of your next ride?! how old are you guys talking all this smack? I'm guessing your right around 24 years old.
A friend of mine from Sicamous just got 5600 km's on his etec before it blew and he rides harder then you. Go buy a Cat already and shut up.

SnowDog

Reaction score
Simply put, you here about more issues with Doo because there are ten times as many Doos than any othe brand out there, don't believe me, sit on the trail at the end of the day at Renshaw and do your own little poll, we did and 70% of the sleds that went past were Doos, its tough being KING, everyone tries to knock you down !!

I owned a polaris:(, I owned a cat:mad:, now I own Doo and will never go back !!:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point. Assume all sleds are equal in reliability. You will here more about skidoo failures. They have to be equal in reliability or else one of them would go out of business fast. I did a poll on here and got similar results. 50 percent was skidoo and the rest was the other 50. So that can mean skidoo has 70 percent more sleds in the snow than any of the other 3.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with underdog. You guys want 165 horse at 450 lbs and then go ride the fricken things at 8000 rpm all day while chucking them off of cliffs and roll them out of 4' trenchs only to pound the f**k out of them on the whoops on the way down, chuck em in the truck and then drive 5 hours back on salty roads home...Then, don't touch them in your shop all week and then expect magic as soon as your lid drops on your head for the start of your next ride?! how old are you guys talking all this smack? I'm guessing your right around 24 years old.
A friend of mine from Sicamous just got 5600 km's on his etec before it blew and he rides harder then you. Go buy a Cat already and shut up.

sure is alot of assumptions there wise guy. Did you get your feelings hurt or what?

Brentk

Reaction score
no, it's just weird to see so much smack talk about skidoo's from one guy on the skidoo section. of coarse they are not perfect, but there is no perfect machine. plus, the way we all love to abuse them makes them break down. let's face it...they are pretty much disposable. If you think Cat or Polaris is the cats azz, then go buy one. they look like great machines too me.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, it's just weird to see so much smack talk about skidoo's from one guy on the skidoo section. of coarse they are not perfect, but there is no perfect machine. plus, the way we all love to abuse them makes them break down. let's face it...they are pretty much disposable. If you think Cat or Polaris is the cats azz, then go buy one. they look like great machines too me.

Very true. I would ride any sled in a heart beat. Ski doo is just what feels natural for me, so that's what I continue to ride. That, and an awesome dealer, is what makes me ride a doo.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

martincc

Reaction score
ok back on track.. any other issues people are seeing? looking to buy one but will not be coming with warranty so would like to know what common problems exist. with a ton of poor service i'm not supporting my local dealer anymore.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simply put, you here about more issues with Doo because there are ten times as many Doos than any othe brand out there, don't believe me, sit on the trail at the end of the day at Renshaw and do your own little poll, we did and 70% of the sleds that went past were Doos, its tough being KING, everyone tries to knock you down !!

I owned a polaris:(, I owned a cat:mad:, now I own Doo and will never go back !!:d

I know what u mean man. No one will take mine on trade either. I think I'll just keep it as a back up and move up to a new Cat or Poo.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what u mean man. No one will take mine on trade either. I think I'll just keep it as a back up and move up to a new Cat or Poo.

This post, with that quote confuses me. :confused:

Snowdog is saying that he likes his doo.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lenny is always a bit confused. id just move on.

Probably best for ya, LOL. Hey I got an idea for a new 4m T-shirt.

Maxwell....
S & M 's biggest Weeny,

I'll bet it'd be a big seller. LOL.

Top Bottom