2011 rmk assault factory setup?

live to ride

Reaction score
hello, going to jump right in with a request. i have a 2011 rmk assault - the good now heres the ugly, loved the sled out of the box and should have left well enough alone but oh no figured good could be better so started playin with all the suspension...now everthing is screwed up... here is the ? does anyone have the proper stock position for ALL the shock settings so i can start from scratch?
thanks,
live to ride

live to ride

Reaction score
anyone?... this is the only assault or pro for that mater in my area, dealer isn't any help and i drive for 8 hours to find snow 2 to 3 times a year so any help would be great. one of the issues that i can't seem to correct is ski pushing from a stop or slow speeds in any type of snow condition or amount, i never had this issue with stock setup.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well front shocks soften up until they just start to bottom out than tighten 1 turn will help with carving.

Front shock on rear do the same.
Rear shock soften up to the point you can get the weight transfer to wheelie over stuff but not be out of control.

Jake

Reaction score
From the service manual:
IFS installed spring length 10.75", shocks 6 clicks
FTS installed spring length 8.5"
RTS installed spring length (160 - 220 lb rider) 10.25", shocks 6 clicks

Hope that's whatyou need.

live to ride

Reaction score
Well front shocks soften up until they just start to bottom out than tighten 1 turn will help with carving.

Front shock on rear do the same.
Rear shock soften up to the point you can get the weight transfer to wheelie over stuff but not be out of control.

thanks jesse, i have tried this setup and it works for the most part except for pushing like a snowplow from stop or slow turns (any thoughts? ), thinking about a set of c&a pro mtx with 6" carbide shaperbars to help, part of this problem is due to the fact i did gear down to try to get the sled to lift the front end like the 09-10 assaults, that didn't workout the way i had hope, now the sled will hop even if you feather the gas but still not lift the front???. the other area i found this setup didn't work for me was jumping from right to left board when neg. a line up a tree slope - too much turn, i do weigh about 245 with gear plus a bag and gas can on the tunnel so it is most likely due to to much weight being thrown around. This sled can carve and sidehill with almost any setup in almost any snow condition anywhere, love it, just wan't to get the sled dialed in for all other types of riding.
once again thanks and any thoughts from you or anyone would be great!

live to ride

Reaction score
From the service manual:
IFS installed spring length 10.75", shocks 6 clicks
FTS installed spring length 8.5"
RTS installed spring length (160 - 220 lb rider) 10.25", shocks 6 clicks

Hope that's whatyou need.

thanks jake, that's exactly what i was looking for, now i can start from scratch.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your ski's are pushing increase ski pressure softening up your front rear shock so it drops the front down more.

Also remove your limiter strap and drill a hole in it to extend it.

live to ride

Reaction score
Also a set of skid will help. My sled pushes on the trail a bit also too.

thanks jesse, i don't notice push on the trail it is in the tight tree or off camber start of a slow climb situation...somewhere there isn't enough room to flick it on a side and spin it around...i had no issue with anything i wanted to do with this sled the first winter i had it, since i screwed up the suspension settings the sled has become more of a pain than a thrill to ride.

Top Bottom