2011 Husqvarna TE449/TE511

Trevorn

Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of purchasing one of these bikes. Does anybody on here have one or ridden one and can comment on the machine? I haven't had much of a chance to look at or ride one yet. I'm used to riding a 1999 Honda CR250 but want to change that! I dont race mx, just trail ride!

Thanks,
Trev

Here is a link to the Husky web site if anyone is interested:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
pretty much top of the line when it comes to factory parts installed already

pretty much the same boat like ktm and there setup

if u wanna stand out from everyone else go for it !

had a buddy back home who had a older one when they still where the yellow and blue devils and very impressive bike even though he drove it as a supermotard

which kinda ccm ure looking at ?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hade a 2009 te 450. Was a sick bike. Super tough. On the track it felt more japanese the a jap bike. Was hard on tires in rocky nordegg area. Big power and lots of spinning. I have rode all my life and this bike withthis bike I had no regrets

Andrew

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have read that they come quite underpowered out of the box...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only concern I would have is the availability of parts and support down the road. Do you have a local Husqy dealer? How long have they and will continue to be a dealer?

I know many of the local Aprilia and Husaberg dealers have dropped the lines as on top of not being big sellers the reliability and parts availability was a pain. I would put Husqvarna in the same boat. Certainly a better bike though.

You can't go wrong with a KTM, a 350 XC-F would be a great upgrade over your 250, or if you want the big 450/505. They are monsters.

Don't forget the CRF-X. Really decent bikes. Like riding a cadillac through the woods.

Trevorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight guys! I'm looking for either the TE 449 or the TE 511. I live in Chetwynd BC so my closest dealer is Countryside Motorsports in Grande Prairie or I could go to Summit Power Tools in Prince Goerge. Parts and there availability is definatley a big concern. I'll have to talk to the parts department at both dealerships and see what kind of parts they keep in stock and how long it usually takes if they have to order them in.
Trev

Airborne30

Reaction score
Hey my two cents here.

I bought a 2010 TE 450. It rocks in my book. I have close to 5000 km on it and have had no issues. I've rode skeg, whoops, sand, wild hill climbs, ice tires on it last winter. Took it to Moab Utah this spring and did some gnarly rocks with it. Solid as the day I bought it.

Yes I am finding it hard to get parts ie: o-ring for fuel pump took one month to get here, rad hoses took one and a half months. But if you go through Ross Rocher sales in Ontario. He can get stuff to you in two weeks or less. I foolishly used the dealer in Edmonton and they just can't get stuff.
Very informative, happy to help but.......

I purchased my bike with the power up kit installed. Makes a big difference, so I am told. My buddy bought the 510 and has had some pretty serious issues with it. Not many hours but enough headaches he is getting frustrated.

So for myself I am having a blast and liking my 450 alot. (my RM is just waiting impatiently for me to take it out and kick my ass:)
If you haven't visited " Cafehusky" you should. It has a massive amount of info on huskies.

Goodluck trying to decide. :d

Trevorn

Reaction score
Right on Airborne30, that is some good information. I'm headed into Grande Prairie this friday and will be having a good look at the new huskies. That really makes me nervous about waiting for parts that long though!!

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was in countryside motorsports today,

apparantly they have no problems getting parts.. so claims their parts dep.

but i still have a hard time making the jump to a bike that just doesnt have the support in our area...

i will be going with a KTM in the future... hopefully next year...

but ultimately, i think the husky would be agood purchase

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
- we just took on the Husqvarna line up,,,: ) : ) : ) i am assured they will have no issue suppling us with parts, i told the rep and i quote

" we have a very high customer satisfaction rate and dont except anything other than a-1 manufacturer support"

they should be showing up anytime.

I had looked at KTM as well, there is another dealer close so i wasnt crazy about it, plus the Husqvarna seem to be priced a bit better with more options
and very very high end features... we will be demo ing a few and we will be
able to tell u from a riders perspective..... :d:d

T

Trevorn

Reaction score
sigh i wish there was a dealer in GP that cared about customer satisfaction :'([/QUOTE]

I hear ya, unfortunatley I went with a 2010 KTM XC-W 400 from Countryside. I love the bike. They definatly are not in the customer satisfaction business.

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sigh i wish there was a dealer in GP that cared about customer satisfaction :'(

I hear ya, unfortunatley I went with a 2010 KTM XC-W 400 from Countryside. I love the bike. They definatly are not in the customer satisfaction business.[/QUOTE]

i heard that the KTM dealer in FSJ is MUCH better with their customer service than countryside is..

the countryside guys are OK, but definately dont care about you unless you are buying a brand new bike... it is the nature of this town.. unless you are spending stupid money in their store, they dont care about you at all...

:vancouver:

Top Bottom