Reaction score
Updated report for the weekend

Attachments

• Feb 21, 2012-page-001.jpg
    Feb 21, 2012-page-001.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 900

ifarm2

Reaction score
Don't get your shorts in a bunch, there was no 5" of snow in Allen parking lot this morning, maybe 1.5. Temp was about -5 at the cabin, mostly overcast today. There was some wind blown snow which made conditions much better than yesterday, but still a ways to go. Best part was we only saw 4 other sledders all day. Sledding beats working!!!!

ifarm2

Reaction score
Not going to argue with the avy danger. We say a couple of small one todys. How many guys have seen that huge chunk of snow that broke off and rolled down just past superbowl? Size of a truck and hard as a rock.

ifarm2

Reaction score
Ooh yah! About 6 inches of fresh up top at Allen today. Visibility sucked in the morning but improved throughout the day. Best snow was before the cabin both sides of the trail. Have fun this weekend!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not been to valemount since feb 3 and 4 th when I attended a riding camp through carl kuster mountain park. I have been away from the sport for about three years and have limited mountain experence and these people took time and effort to make sure all of us at the camp with various levels of riding experience had enjoyable two days of riding. We were all given some indidual instruction from shelly, carl , tony and vinny and had some great fun together after hours as well. This is a safe way to enjoy the mountains because these people are very professional. I highly recommend this service for even aggressive experience riders as some of the fellow campers were. Carl made sure these indivduals had a great experience as well. Be sure to check these guys out.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks, if you cant make it to the event and would still like to donate to the BC Lions Society for Children with Dissabilities, please visit our website at www.valemountrecdevelopment.com. There is a PAYPAL link there. Any donations received through this link before Sunday morning will be counted as a Ghost Rider Donation, meaning 100% will go to the Charity and we will draw a hand for you giving you chances to win great prizes under the Ghost Rider Category !

All I ask is that an email confirmation with your name, phone number and address be emailed to
varda@valemount.ca after you complete the PAYPAL part, so I may fill out the proper forms in time for the event on Sunday Morning!

PS, its snowing little bits every night, I am too busy to get out unfortunately, although the riders from yesterday were saying approx 10" - 1' of Fresh up Allen yesterday ! Man its been a long time since I got on the 2012 Etec in the mountain and I sure miss her. Cant wait to get my hands on the 2013 Summit !

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not been to valemount since feb 3 and 4 th when I attended a riding camp through carl kuster mountain park. I have been away from the sport for about three years and have limited mountain experence and these people took time and effort to make sure all of us at the camp with various levels of riding experience had enjoyable two days of riding. We were all given some individual instruction from shelly, carl , tony and vinny and had some great fun together after hours as well. This is a safe way to enjoy the mountains because these people are very professional. I highly recommend this service for even aggressive experience riders as some of the fellow campers were. Carl made sure these indivduals had a great experience as well.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not been to valemount since feb 3 and 4 th when I attended a riding camp through carl kuster mountain park. I have been away from the sport for about three years and have limited mountain experence and these people took time and effort to make sure all of us at the camp with various levels of riding experience had enjoyable two days of riding. We were all given some individual instruction from shelly, carl , tony and vinny and had some great fun together after hours as well. This is a safe way to enjoy the mountains because these people are very professional. I highly recommend this service for even aggressive experience riders as some of the fellow campers were. Carl made sure these indivduals had a great experience as well.

??? I this going to be a daily update? All for new info and opinions, but why a repeat post?

Anyways, snow last couple days was real nice, but it felt pretty sketchy, slabby, wind load affected snowpack for sure. Some natural release evidence here/there, Each different aspect had a pretty different feel..
Play safe y'all!

Flicka

Reaction score
Rode chappel yesterday. Snowing lightly all day, poor visibility, stayed low in trees and creek areas. About 15 inches fresh dug a snow pit and there is a very obvious large crystal layer. Play safe.

Maxwe

Reaction score
We had one come down on us just at the tree line.
would not have thought it would but it did.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was an awesome weekend. Thanks to everyone who attended !

At the snow drags on Saturday, we had 65 racers with over 93 heats raced ! It was loads of fun, if you didnt give it a try, you must come next year. Racing the mountain sled was actually more fun than I really thought it was going to be. My 2012 etec actually came second in the amature 800 class !

The poker run today was a great success for charity as well. We raised just over $2600 for the BC Lions Society for Children with Dissabilities and had a great time doing it.

Thanks again to all who helped out and or attended, hope to be bigger and better next year !

Still have not been up the hills and have a trade show next weekend so I hope someone else can state some first hand info about the snow, this will be the longest I have gone in 6 years without riding Vale :(

Attachments

• editDSCN0076.jpg
    editDSCN0076.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 542
  • editDSCN0086.jpg
    editDSCN0086.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 521
  • editDSCN0087.jpg
    editDSCN0087.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 520
  • editDSCN0089.jpg
    editDSCN0089.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 531
  • editDSCN0095.jpg
    editDSCN0095.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 526

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kudos to VARDA and the SSRA! The races were fun and it was cool to get out and do something different on the sleds while supporting a local event. Like Curtis said-racing was more fun than I thought it was going to be and we sure did have a blast! We will do it again next year! :wtg:

Top Bottom