2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice video curtis. I meant to hook up with you guys but got the powder fever!!! Next week maybe.

RMKKing

Reaction score
Well we rode Chappel yesterday, bit of excitement on the trail in but nothing major.....bottomless snow up top....great bluebird day. Rode Clemina today, trail up was awesome, spent some time playing along the lower creeks and meadows but then headed up goat ridge....awesome day up there, snow was pretty set up but there wasn't a track in the bowl.....until we got there ;) Not sure where we'll ride tomorrow, maybe Clemina again.

Did you guys make it up Allen today Curtis?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, another mostly blue bird day today..!

Trail up allen is getting bumpy and a bit icey, but nothing like years previous, The willow trail is also now set and in great shape (this bypasses the first icey section) Thanks to everyone for respecting the new trail this season, this is amazing to see and greatly appreciated.

Chappell access is good although bumpy. I have heard of a creek at about the 6km mark that is taking a bit of work, but no big deal if you use ur noggin.

Clemina sounds great, although I have not been up there. Hopefully someone can show some pics from this area.

No promisses, but I am hoping for a couple areas to be groomed by next weekend. This is all weather depending.

Attachments

• editP1015905.jpg
    editP1015905.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 944
  • editP1015920.jpg
    editP1015920.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 941
  • editP1015934.jpg
    editP1015934.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 933
  • editP1015939.jpg
    editP1015939.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 945
  • editP1015945.jpg
    editP1015945.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 941
  • editP1015946.jpg
    editP1015946.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 942
  • editP1015949.jpg
    editP1015949.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 921

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be out for the 26th and 27th. Thinking Chappell Saturday and either Chappell or Allan Sunday. Stoked on getting some miles on the new-to-me Pro!

RMKKing

Reaction score
Well another great day of riding today.....attempted getting into morning glory but got a little lost we think. :confused: We're gonna try again tomorrow, left a way better trail on the way down than we did on the way up. Got pretty far back past goat ridge and danger basin, some landmines but pretty visible. All in all great day, one bent a-arm and one bent bumper on the new Pros, but both operator error.

Stantheman

Reaction score
Rode Allen on Friday and pushed back to super bowl, like everyone said blue bird. Tried allen on Saturday but a riding buddy told us there was a pile up at the bottom of the icy section. 10 sleds in a heap with 20 waiting to try and get up. Any truth to this? Either way we loaded back up and headed to Chappell. Trail is was good but it was my first weekend on a xp from a M series so any trail seemed great to me. There is 1 large log in the first 5km(guesstimate) that needed a ski pull to get over and will need to be cut for the groomer(heads up Curtis this ones gonna need a chainsaw) and another smaller one that could be cut with a hand saw further back but before you switch to the left side of the creek. Sorry I didnt have a saw.

oly

Reaction score
Update!! I will be in the town of Valemount this thursday at approx 6pm! Staying at best western and will be drinking paralyzers in and around the hot tub! Come give high fives :) We will have the big red cabouse for our trailer. Can't wait, this day is already going to slow...

jusDOOit

Reaction score
Hey All Blue Bird, but dam COLD....lol

The overall snowpack has settled a bit, we are looking at about 145cm, with a start of a base developing in most places, but you are sill pushing a good two feet around most places. -13 to -16 up there on our thermometers.....brrrrrr.

Allen trail up is a bit bumpy.....a tad slippery in the usual spot, but still amazing for early season.

The chappell and clemina trails are in awesome shape !

Ive attached a few pics......but those who know me, know i dont stop for too long, so they arnt the best.....lol Maybe a vid later

Great snow out there, get out and enjoy it, but ride smart and ride safe !

The new Summit x Etec is still amazing me, these machines rule !

Curtis, had a blast on my first weekend of riding! Thanks to you and Tony, myself and James learnt alot friday when we got up thru the trees with you guys and dug the Pit and you did your snowpack analysis. Pretty interesting stuff you guys do up there!

Friday at Allen with James and Curtis in the pit.
James Curtis Pit.jpg

Curtis Pit.jpg

Allen Creek.jpg

Couple of pics from Clemina Sunday.

Clemina.jpg

Clemina Hill.jpg

Just wanted to say Thanks Again for helping a rookie out! :beer:

P.S. Tony - What did you learn?
Dont go into marketing! hahaha :d

Shane

skidoo_500lc

Reaction score
Yes, you said it shane! Thank you Curtis and Tony!! Great weekend in Valemount, sunshine and temperatures that keep the sweat away! So glad we got to dig the pit and learn something!! Not too mention the untouched POW! Can hardly wait for the next weekend out! Woo hoo

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, those pics from Chappell look sick !

Currently a complete blizzard here in town, whiteout conditions that look to be setting us up for another epic weekend:d

Vince and I will be heading out for a good look at the trails tomorrow to check on grooming possibilities for the weekend and I will update when I can.

For automatic updates via facebook, LIKE us at Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

• Thanks
Reactions: Max
Top Bottom