2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to be riding tomorrow and thursday? if so where at? two of us headed west to vale in the morning, probably allan creek.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Maxwell. I love those days when you get stuck, look around for help; and help is all stuck too. SWEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!:beer:

All In Nytro

Reaction score
Rode alan creek today, trail up was rough and icy in spots, but all and all not bad. snow up top was stellar, starting to get a base to it. rode all day, stuck lots, never hit a stump or rock all day..life is good

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from first day of the year, rode Chappell, a few stucks, I'd blame it on the first ride on the new sled and the viso, but all was not to bad, must be me, haha. All and all, snow was saweeet everywhere. Probed 170cm at one point. Trail in was as good as it could be! Props to the crew who blazed trail in, and thanks for the last creek crossing Curtis, amazing. The lake was more froze than I remember it was last mid January. Stellar start to the season. Time to eat, and dwell on how outa shape I am!

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's everyone riding in the morning? We rode Allan today, lots of fun. Still lots of pow to be had. Might go back tomorrow and head in further.

mountianman22

Reaction score
"Funny how the Weather Network and Environment Canada always seem to have very different forecasts.... but at least they both call for SNOW!!!"

That's because T.W.N. posts the weather in Jasper (that they get from E.C.) without taking into account the Great Divide. E.C. posts an average of their sites between Blue River/McBride/Prince George.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowfall warning in effect

Complete whiteout and heavy winds around here and its not stopping anytime soon ! Be careful out there if ur heading this way...........we would like to leave the rescue truck in the bay tonight!

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya got on the lake, poked up a bit around there for a bit and then got an oil light on the '11 so headed back, just got loaded by sundown, friggin short daylight hrs..
Was thinking maybe Allan for tomorrow, just to see what's happening there.
Snowin and blowin hard in town, hwys gotta be pure chit.
Chappell was gettin pounded on the ride out, will be sweet once there's viso..

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to allen probly tomorrow, Im sure theres plenty still. Sounds like low vis tomorrow so we will be in the trees.

skidoo_500lc

Reaction score
I'll be heading up tonight after work, can't wait until tomorrow. I think we'll hit up Chappel, maybe drop down off the ledge on the SE side and see if we can scare up some caribou! LOL! Actually, we dropped down in there a few years back, had some great sledding, didn't see any caribou. Then, up in the sky, we saw a chopper! Uh-oh! Cost each of us around $225, I think. There was 8 of us. CO's paid for the chopper rental that day! We looked upon it as an expensive trail pass!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be heading up tonight after work, can't wait until tomorrow. I think we'll hit up Chappel, maybe drop down off the ledge on the SE side and see if we can scare up some caribou! LOL! Actually, we dropped down in there a few years back, had some great sledding, didn't see any caribou. Then, up in the sky, we saw a chopper! Uh-oh! Cost each of us around $225, I think. There was 8 of us. CO's paid for the chopper rental that day! We looked upon it as an expensive trail pass!

so what did you learn? stay the h$ll inbounds! chappel creek has shrunk in size enough! its pretty clearly marked. just because there is no caribou doesnt mean its good to go

ruining it slowly for the rest of us.

200$? should have been 100,000 then maybe you wouldnt be lololololololing about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom