2011/2012 Sicamous (Eagle Valley) Updates

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
The season is coming!! Thanks to the crews who went up to the Queest cabin a few weeks ago and then up to the Blue Lake cabin on Sunday (Oct. 16th) to cut firewood, repair, paint etc. We had 20 to 25 folks from the Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club and the Sicamous Quadding Club helping out.:D Check out the snow at Blue Lake (snow starts at about 17k). There is lots of firewood in both basements so.... please don't burn the siding:nono:

Attachments

• IMG-20111016-00128.jpg
    IMG-20111016-00128.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 2,369
  • IMG-20110910-00099.jpg
    IMG-20110910-00099.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 2,375

Braap

Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work guys and girls, much appreciated!
Travis Wise
Prez
South Okanagan Snowmobile Club

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh wrong thread the talk of eagle confused me..... Any way very nice good work

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks to the club for the hard work! We'll be there supportin for sure!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The season is coming!! Thanks to the crews who went up to the Queest cabin a few weeks ago and then up to the Blue Lake cabin on Sunday (Oct. 16th) to cut firewood, repair, paint etc. We had 20 to 25 folks from the Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club and the Sicamous Quadding Club helping out.:D Check out the snow at Blue Lake (snow starts at about 17k). There is lots of firewood in both basements so.... please don't burn the siding:nono:

Wow thanks for all the hard work and posting the pics.

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah. Huge thanks to all the volunteers that keep these areas and chalets in great shape. Mucho appreciation from the many sledders that enjoy them every winter. I'll be sure to buy my membership while I'm out there visiting family next weekend. I was planning on bringing the sled along and trying to ride Queest, do any of you think this is at all possible? I know theres high probability of shmucking rocks even on the trail but she's a beater and if a rock can bend it one way I can bend it the other. Just wanted to know if from the cabin up there would be at least over a foot? I'll drive as far as I have to, been up there on quads and I'm sure my truck will go as high as I need too. Would I be better off trying Owls or Blue instead. Any feedback would be great, even just to tell me I'm a dumbass for thinking it, I got thick skin. Thanks

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah. Huge thanks to all the volunteers that keep these areas and chalets in great shape. Mucho appreciation from the many sledders that enjoy them every winter. I'll be sure to buy my membership while I'm out there visiting family next weekend. I was planning on bringing the sled along and trying to ride Queest, do any of you think this is at all possible? I know theres high probability of shmucking rocks even on the trail but she's a beater and if a rock can bend it one way I can bend it the other. Just wanted to know if from the cabin up there would be at least over a foot? I'll drive as far as I have to, been up there on quads and I'm sure my truck will go as high as I need too. Would I be better off trying Owls or Eagles. Any feedback would be great, even just to tell me I'm a dumbass for thinking it, I got thick skin. Thanks

hahah we are all thinking it lol,,,, it may be possible I am sure someone local will answer.... have fun if I was there I would try

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but I'm coming rememberance weekend instead now, so hopfully it'll get deeper before then.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work guys and gals. we appreseate it as we ride up there all winter and will be buying a season pass and maybe spending some money at the dinner and auction. ride safe and have a good season.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any snow pack updates??? looking for some picks here to stay motovated at work.............. work sucks.

Bigborecat

Reaction score
Went up to Blue Lake today still lots of missles hiding, unloaded at 10k (6") and snow pack never changed much till I got to Cummings Lake need at least another 2 feet to make it worth while, excellent base to start (around 3'), going to staying home till mid week and then go check it again, ya depressing

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode all 3 days this weekend. Went up Queest Friday 4 feet of snow and coming down hard couldn't see a thing. Tryed Owlshead Saturday, little bit of a rough ride to get into the Chalet looked to be about 2 feet so motored back down loaded up and headed across to Queest again still socked in bad and was by myself so made a fire and chilled out for a couple of hours at the chalet. Sunday I wasn't planning on going but I could see the sky trying to open and boy am I glad I did. 4-5 feet of snow and beautiful clear skies met up with Bill and rode until the sun went down. What a great end to the first weekend out.

Sicamous Nov.11-13 2011 014.jpg Sicamous Nov.11-13 2011 033.jpg Sicamous Nov.11-13 2011 026.jpg

Bigborecat

Reaction score
Checked Queest out Nov.19th great day, still have to watch for the odd landmine, lake is not frozen well enough so stay off, foot or more of powder on a good base, awesome day. Road is slippery at the bottom, unloaded at 6.5k

dnicolle

Reaction score
Hey, I'll be in the Sicamous area checking out a property on Thurs the 24th; figured may as well bring the sled. Anyone gonna be riding???

Top Bottom