2011-2012 RMK Foot Boards Cracking Out!

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is having there running boards cracking out under their feet?
I had them crack out on my 2011 RMK Pro at around 2800km's and now my 2012 Pro is cracking out with only 850 km's.
I have contacted a couple dealerships about the issue, they're telling me this is the first they have heard of the problem. They need more cases with this issue before they will look into warranty!

Anyone else having this problem?

Martinson

Reaction score
Hello My 2011 pro i noticed is also cracking under my feet. I haven't approached the dealer yet, i also noticed my main structure bracket that the handlebar bushing mounts to at the top. Not sure why though, i was wondering if anyone else has had any other problems.

M1K

Reaction score
I seen my right floor board is getting a bit twisted up where my foot is normally positioned...so just a matter of time. Think running board supports are a must with these.

trxstr

Reaction score
DIGGGGER! Dan here from last weekend! I will keep an eye on mine to see what happens... Hey when you take the hood off your RMK do the top shock mounts in the bulkhead look crooked? Like the right one is slightly pushed back. Im wondering if it got a bit twisted from the collision I had. I havent seen any stress on other frame parts and it looks like thats how it should be but just wondering.

robhayward

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is having there running boards cracking out under their feet?
I had them crack out on my 2011 RMK Pro at around 2800km's and now my 2012 Pro is cracking out with only 850 km's.
I have contacted a couple dealerships about the issue, they're telling me this is the first they have heard of the problem. They need more cases with this issue before they will look into warranty!

Anyone else having this problem?

I have a cracked board right under my left foot. Also have the steering column plastic bracket broken. Welded the board and cracked again. Sled seems light though :)

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan, it could just be a informality in the mold from the factory. If its a crack it will start to almost
ozze a darker colored grey from the aluminum rubbing togetter. Keep an eye on it!

Akpowderhound

Reaction score
I have been very fond of Polaris in all my previous sleds. I am really loving my Pro Assault. About 2 weeks ago I came up short on a jump and flat landed. It was a bad landing and all said and done a mild jump. Upon inspection of the sled both my running boards bend down considerably and the CAST aluminium borke on each side that connects the running boards to the pyrmidical frame. This is a POOR design on these sleds. The 12's are suppose to be stiffer but I am already hearing stories of this same failure on those as well. I am going to install the AirFrame running boards on mine I guess. Really liked the factory boards other than the weakness even with my Polaris Fishbone supports installed.

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My footboards are all cracked out as well, dealership took pics and was going to send into polaris. Right side is really bad and broke through in a few spots.

M1K

Reaction score
Polaris is providing an insert for the running boards that is riveted in....all under warranty! Downside is that you will have less traction as these inserts are placed on top of the board and have no built in traction aid....IMO just spend the money and get the WRP tunnel supports, air boards, or something similiar...and do it as soon as you get it off the dealers floor and save yourself the hassle of dealing with patch jobs and warranty claims!

Last edited:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang was hoping mine would be cracked for an excuse to upgrade to some skinz boards. i sidehilled my left boards onto a rock though now their narrower than the right but still no cracks or anything.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
again is the switchback assualt affected?? and when i bought mine this year my dealer gave my stiffeners that get rivveted to the bottom of the boards

M1K

Reaction score
again is the switchback assualt affected?? and when i bought mine this year my dealer gave my stiffeners that get riveted to the bottom of the boards
My Assualt boards started twisting up after the first ride...so just a matter of time before they would have started cracking. Bolted on the underside? Can't see that working very well being all the down force is only being held by the rivets.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Assualt boards started twisting up after the first ride...so just a matter of time before they would have started cracking. Bolted on the underside? Can't see that working very well being all the down force is only being held by the rivets.
Switchback assault or rmk assault.. Ya Im not sure about the supports they just told me to put them on... Anyone doin anything before they crack to prevent it?

M1K

Reaction score
I don't think your boards will be affected. I believe your boards are wider with less cut outs therefore should be more rigid.

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the tunnel stiffners from Polaris and hate them, they ice up bad and you lose all traction in that area of the board. I have a set of Skinz Air Frame Running boards on order, looks like a good product.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from valemount mine look exactly like that even all along where the boards are rivited to the bar is all broke out

I have been very fond of Polaris in all my previous sleds. I am really loving my Pro Assault. About 2 weeks ago I came up short on a jump and flat landed. It was a bad landing and all said and done a mild jump. Upon inspection of the sled both my running boards bend down considerably and the CAST aluminium borke on each side that connects the running boards to the pyrmidical frame. This is a POOR design on these sleds. The 12's are suppose to be stiffer but I am already hearing stories of this same failure on those as well. I am going to install the AirFrame running boards on mine I guess. Really liked the factory boards other than the weakness even with my Polaris Fishbone supports installed.

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

Top Bottom