2010 xp 163 issues

zinn

Reaction score
got a couple problems. On trail back down started going into reverse the forward over and over again. 30 km from truck so i cut the harness.(no torque screwdrivers on me) has anybody else seen this. Going to try filling switch with dielectric grease to keep moisture out. Digital tach rading 8200RPM and dial reading 7600. Feels better than 7600 not 8200 any ideas. Have cliked up to 6 i'm 230lbs. heard dj clutch kit is good any one try it on a 163.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happened to an xp with me one time. he rolled the machine and got snow in the back of the switching unit which has a big hole that lets snow in. it would go forward and reverse cosntantly. he dryied it out and covered the hole no problems since.

DJ clutch kit is a must on any machine.

how was the sled otherwise? i want to pull the trigger on one.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the reverse thing happen to a few sleds now, once on an '05 rev, and last november on an '08 XP. both were moisture in the switchpod as maxwell mentioned. dried them out and normal operation resumed.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got Dj's clutching in my 09 163 love it holds 8200 all day long 15.8g 160/320 clicker 3 stock secondary spring works for me.

zinn

Reaction score
happened to an xp with me one time. he rolled the machine and got snow in the back of the switching unit which has a big hole that lets snow in. it would go forward and reverse cosntantly. he dryied it out and covered the hole no problems since.

DJ clutch kit is a must on any machine.

how was the sled otherwise? i want to pull the trigger on one.

sled is good otherwise. we all ride 09,10 163 had 1 blow this year haven't heard why yet. Dealer give us their demo that is done up (2010 done up 25Kish). when we are in the back of the mountain doo is what you see.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Probably moisture as already discussed, dry it out, seal it up.
As far as Dj's kit, I really like the DJ kit on mine a 163...so much so that I started stocking them here in Airdrie for DJ, so it is more convenient to pick up a kit for the guys around this area. I also added his ramps last year and really like them as well.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had same switch problem in Revy. Dealer warrentied switch. They have had a lots same problem. We just unplugged it. Thank goodness someone had a Torx with them. I got one in my tool kit now. Also I found out the heaters work when you unplug the switch(on a X anyway) just set them first then unplug they stayed on.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had same switch problem in Revy. Dealer warrentied switch. They have had a lots same problem. We just unplugged it. Thank goodness someone had a Torx with them. I got one in my tool kit now. Also I found out the heaters work when you unplug the switch(on a X anyway) just set them first then unplug they stayed on.
did the headlight go out after unplugging the switchgear? did on buddy's '08 XP, we got in well before dark so it wasn't an issue.

Top Bottom