2010 Summit X Leaking Oil

jtroake

Reaction score
My 2010 Summit X leaks oil down unto the skidplate from somewhere!!!!!!!
The oil is clean and golden color which tells me it's leaking from a line or some place other than the engine. I have confirmed that the oil Cap is not leaking ... what else could it be???

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have Elec start? If so, check the oil tank, there may be a hole which is supposed to hold the screw that secures the pull starter. My buddy's Summit had this problem last year.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the oil was full over the summer then it leaked from expanding in the hot days.

I always leave mine 1/2 full over the summer for that reason

The breather is to let air in as the oil is used. But not out. So the tank pressures up and pushes it from the weakest point

sent from my htc

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Tex78 said. a full jug on hot days expands and oil goes out the over flow which is right under your head lights. I've add extra line to mine and run it down by the oil tank.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Tex78 said. a full jug on hot days expands and oil goes out the over flow which is right under your head lights. I've add extra line to mine and run it down by the oil tank.

This makes more sense than the problem I was describing, as that tends to leak oil all over the back of the side panel

jtroake

Reaction score
LOL General ... it was tempting !!
First time I noticed the oil was late in the year last season. I left the sled outside overnight in -30 & when I drove the sled inside the garage it leaked oil. Been doing it ever since when I fire it up.

Top Bottom