2010 Polaris Assault already in stores

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went into CW - South on Saturday to pick up some parts and there it was! Picture is poor but they already had 3 Assaults ready to purchase. i hope they have the engine troubles figured out on the 800's. I will now check the lottery ticket to see if i can own one?!?!:)

Attachments

• IMG00112.jpg
    IMG00112.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 94

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking sled. I didn’t realize that they went back to coil shocks until I saw that sled last week.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 09' with under 400km's on it for sale that would save you a few $$$$.

Polaris issued a recall for the motors. They are changing the Cylinder, head, piston (double ring) and remapping.

Talked to CW South on the weekend and they are ordering the parts ASAP for mine.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Polaris issued a recall for the motors. They are changing the Cylinder, head, piston (double ring) and remapping.

Talked to CW South on the weekend and they are ordering the parts ASAP for mine.

How many Km on your 09 and what dollars are you looking for it?

Thanks,

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure the exact Km's (Stored in the trailer out at a friends acreage) but it is under 400 from what I remember. All stock except the MBRP Can.

Looking for about $10,000 with the updates done of course.

Only doing the recall updates to be safe. I never actually had any problems at all with the machine.

GRD

Reaction score
Not sure the exact Km's (Stored in the trailer out at a friends acreage) but it is under 400 from what I remember. All stock except the MBRP Can.

Looking for about $10,000 with the updates done of course.

Only doing the recall updates to be safe. I never actually had any problems at all with the machine.

Polaris is in miles!:rolleyes:

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me put it this way. It did one weekend in Revy and the Whitecourt Rally. Thats all it got out last season. I didnt pick it up till early December and with the Avy concerns we didnt get to the mountains as much as we were hoping to.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is also a rail tip recall, and WE is doing a recall on the front shocks, not polaris..so you have to contact WE

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Walker Evans - They make the shocks that are in the Assault

Yah walker evans, great shocks. Have them on my quad and i was talking to the guy that rebuilt them and he said the WE airs are not rated for colder than -20°C, he had to soak the seals for days in oil so they would seal properly

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I had a brain fart and realized what WE was after I posted.

I cant seem to locate the recall on the net.

Maybe Ill try to contact them tomorrow or Monday.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is also a rail tip recall, and WE is doing a recall on the front shocks, not polaris..so you have to contact WE

for all wondering about this i just seen this on snowest, seemed like a reliable resource. It only takes on call to walker evans to see if there is a recall i guess

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Friend of mine is a Polaris tech. And after he did the recall on my sled he said the parts for the recall are on back order now.

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On these machines can't you switch between them, or is that only for speed? What I mean is I know it's possible to switch between MPH and KPH. Does this affect odometer readings?
Yup there both miles and kms , took me a while but i got mine swithed to kms

M&M

Reaction score
Went into CW - South on Saturday to pick up some parts and there it was! Picture is poor but they already had 3 Assaults ready to purchase. i hope they have the engine troubles figured out on the 800's. I will now check the lottery ticket to see if i can own one?!?!:)
They have the wrong front shocks on that 800 Assault, should have no springs...........

Top Bottom