2010 m8

boondocker14

Reaction score
Hello all M owners, Just wondering if there was any issues on these sleds. Looking to upgrade from my polaris and was wondering how these sleds were. Any problems with the diamond drives and clutch? Thanks for any and all info. Looking at a basic M8 153 to specify.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can, a little clutch tuning, intake horn, reeds and the Burandt Fox Float mod, that's all I've had to do to mine. It's ran flawlessly since I got it.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hubby has the 2010 M8 SnoPro 162".....it's been an awesome sled!! All he's put on is the SLP can, side vents and the gauge cage. He's had a couple broken primary springs, but Cat has fixed it now going with a heavier spring. No troubles since!! You won't be disappointed!!:):):)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get the updated primary spring... Which I believe you do not have to pay for and check your diamond drive often, or replace the bearing, these sleds are perfectly reliable.

boondocker14

Reaction score
As for changing the bearing on the Diamond Drive, how soon do those go and how much effort and cost is it to change. As for the updated clutch spring most dealers have those for free with the new sleds?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for changing the bearing on the Diamond Drive, how soon do those go and how much effort and cost is it to change. As for the updated clutch spring most dealers have those for free with the new sleds?

The bearing life varies from sled to sled. It's not that difficult to change. Just need to remove the cover of the DD, pull out the bottom gear. Use a two or three jaw puller to remove the bearing, and pull off the spacer. Press on new bearing. Put the gear back in the case, loosen the bolt inside the brake rotor, tighten the cover on the DD with a new gasket, torque bolt inside brake roter and enjoy.

boondocker14

Reaction score
I am sure its posted on here somewhere but is there a good aftermarket bearing to replace the cats current DD one that has a longer life expectancy to it. Thanks

Top Bottom