2010 M8 jerky takeoff

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If putting a new belt and spring didn't do the trick, I bet your belt to sheave gap might be rather large. All you gotta do is push the belt into the engine side sheave and measure how much gap you have on the outer sheave.
Not sure if you have feeler blades with ya, but say.... if you can fit a loonie into that gap- too big. Ideally you want .015 to .020 with your feeler blades with a new belt.

If there's too much gap, you'll be revved up and all of a sudden, SLAM the primary will engage, your revs might go back down for a bit and then your off pulling your arms sockets out.

What does your sled engage at on a track-stand?

DonKiddic

Reaction score
I've had the same jerky problem since the dealer replaced the primary spring with the next best thing after the stock titanium one for the primary broke.. The spider in the primary eventually ended up breaking in two after 2200 miles, (probably 2000 with the replacement spring) not sure if the hard engaging had something to do with it but I'll have a new clutch on for this season and I've ordered the gold spring that Glen at spindrift has in his rentals.. I tried it at their shop and its incredibly smoother..

Top Bottom