2010 m8 hard starting

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently have done a bit of work to my m8 and now i cant seem to start it without about 20 pulls. I put on slp pipe can and y, pcv controller, v force reeds, tether and a bunch of clutching work. I started it yesterday after 20 pulls, and everytime i started it yesterday after that it started fine, i was thinking that from changing the reeds the fuel bled back to the tank. It started fine 6 times yesterday after the initial pull off. Today it took about that many pulls again before it started. Now it starts fine, first pull every time. Very frustrating as i plan on riding in the mountains next weekend

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u try starting it with out the PCV? just to see if it starts?

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i havent tried that yet, i will go try it right now and write back, thanks

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just tried starting it (3 pulls) with the pcv plugged in and nothing. Unplug it and it takes 2 pulls as it should to start. Plug the pcv back in and it starts first pull as it should after it has been started once minutes before. It almost seems like the pcv is loosing its memory if possible, i dont know what to try next, problem is i cant screw with its starting issue till it sits for 6-8 hours, which is driving me crazy

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just tried starting it (3 pulls) with the pcv plugged in and nothing. Unplug it and it takes 2 pulls as it should to start. Plug the pcv back in and it starts first pull as it should after it has been started once minutes before. It almost seems like the pcv is loosing its memory if possible, i dont know what to try next, problem is i cant screw with its starting issue till it sits for 6-8 hours, which is driving me crazy

You may want to talk to the place where you bought the parts, or from a reputable performance shop! I've heard these units sometimes have trouble starting after adding electrical load during the starting cycle, something to do with where the power for the box is pulled from and where the voltage regulator is...?

good luck!

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured it out boys. The fuel numbers at start up were too low and were not fueling enough to start. The number was at 10 i changed it to fifteen in the fuel map and it starts fine

Top Bottom