2010 m8 clutching

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone opinion on the stock clutching? Any suggestions. Iam picking mine up tues and heading out this week finely.

ned

Reaction score
I put in a straight 38 with a shift assist and it ran great. However I know of 3 others that have broken the new cat primary spring(cant remember the rate) but i am going to switch it out before next trip.I thing you will like this sled better than your old m 1000

newtrout

Reaction score
There is still the same old issue with spring binding in the primary. After 150 miles, my primary spring had serious wear from hitting the sides of the spring cup in both the cover and the spider. I would be surprised if this doesn't relate to the busted primary springs.

Clutching isn't bad for a stock sled. I'm at 3-7,000 feet. 70g weights, I switched to the yellow-white in the primary to drop the engagement a bit (gold was too much for this motor, loved it in the 07-09 M8), shift assist, already has hard rollers on the loaded side of the secondary.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Left mine stock (6000-9000') and it performed well in Valemount and Revelstoke. Last weekend while climbing in Clemina I was pulling a steady 8230.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just checked my clutch spring and sure enough it is broken too! 248 miles:rant:

That's BS...is the dealer fixing the problem. I just sold my apex this year for a new M8 and I only have 110kms on it, but the apex had 3000km with not one issue. It even had the original belt and I reved the sh:beer:t out of that thing.
Post what the dealer does for you...I'm curious.

clarkee75

Reaction score
There is still the same old issue with spring binding in the primary. After 150 miles, my primary spring had serious wear from hitting the sides of the spring cup in both the cover and the spider. I would be surprised if this doesn't relate to the busted primary springs.

Clutching isn't bad for a stock sled. I'm at 3-7,000 feet. 70g weights, I switched to the yellow-white in the primary to drop the engagement a bit (gold was too much for this motor, loved it in the 07-09 M8), shift assist, already has hard rollers on the loaded side of the secondary.

What are you running for a helix?

loffelbein88

Reaction score
find out what the helix the low alt fit comes wit.not sure.its a dual angle.and keep the stock weights in.even for lower alt.it will rip.love the dual angle helix

polarman

Reaction score
I am running bone stock right now. Dealer is good and will look after it, although I already changed it out, not a big deal, just wondering if it is a spring problem or not? Worse yet, when I removed secondary bolt, I had about 1/2 oz of diamond drive oil come out. Looks like leaky seal on d drive. Will change out to wide bearing while I am at it I guess.:nono:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chalk up another guy with a blown primary spring! and to let ya know img225 what tipped me off was the fact that my sled was idling at 4000 at the lowest and 5k at the high end and a buddy mentionted the spring issue and low and behold that what it was,,all busted up wantin to run off if ididnt have my new tether

now what do u guys think about warranty coverage??? my throttle stuck because of the primary spring and in turn it new sled hood and electrical compomnets arent working and ive got no mileage on my brand new 2010 15000 sled!went awol! smashed trees couldnt handle regular trail riding because the broken spring effected the electrical systems.no back shift, throttle running a 5000 rpm

Top Bottom