2010 LE M-8 Need Suggestions

jttruck

Reaction score
I had Echo Cycles in Edmonton Alberta put a fresh air kit, SLP Pipe, Y Pipe and silencer, and also a Power Commander V. They said they remapped it using Power Commander V. Dyno says I gained 9 hp on top end, but the machine really dogs it out of the hole. Dyno charts shows takes 4 seconds longer than factory before any HP made. Spent $3500 and sled running awful!!! Anyone have any suggestions, or know of any good snowmobile tuners in the Edmonton area.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 m8 le and put the slp full set up on it,slp intake, did some clutch work and venting and I swear I lost power.It seems to be a lot of wasted money for a few horse if you can gain it.I jumped on a stock 2010 hcr and it ate my sled right up.So I think a new sled may be in order next year.

catlove7

Reaction score
if you guys still have all the factory stuff try changing one piece at a time and see if that helps. my buddy has a 09 m1 and it ran worse after he went to the speedwerk exhaust we put the factory pipe back on he rode it changed his numbers on the fuel controller which helped. it was very boggy when you were on and off the throttle got it tuned close with factory pipe the put the speedwerk back on and had a little better starting point and finally got it tuned the numbers from speedwerx were way out.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had Echo Cycles in Edmonton Alberta put a fresh air kit, SLP Pipe, Y Pipe and silencer, and also a Power Commander V. They said they remapped it using Power Commander V. Dyno says I gained 9 hp on top end, but the machine really dogs it out of the hole. Dyno charts shows takes 4 seconds longer than factory before any HP made. Spent $3500 and sled running awful!!! Anyone have any suggestions, or know of any good snowmobile tuners in the Edmonton area.

Here is some info i found it looks like you can load different mapping and also it looks adjustable. Hope this helps. Have you tried contacting slp i am thinkin they will help.

SLP is now offering the Power Commander V (PCV) from DynoJet. This EFI controller is the latest technology, giving you full EFI tuning capability for your fuel injected snowmobile. It allows a fuel map to be built with input points at 10 different throttle positions and in 250 RPM increments. This provides much more adjustability than other boxes on the market, allowing SLP to create fuel maps that optimize performance and fuel economy for specific combinations. SLP’s fuel maps can be preprogrammed into the controller for true plug and play capability. For the experienced tuner, the controller comes with a computer link cable and software so fuel can be modified using a computer. No wiring modifications required (OEM style connectors are supplied) and no permanent changes are made to your stock system.

Also available is a Wideband 2 with LCD touch screen that allows you to monitor and record air fuel ratio. It can also be used as an AutoTune to assist in initial map setup when used with a Closed Area Network Cable (sold separately) that allows it to be plugged into the PCV. To be used as an AutoTune, the desired air fuel ratios must be known.

tchriste

Reaction score
Power Commander makes an Auto Tune for the PC-V, costs about $250. US and should be able to sort out any fuel issues.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. I will not spend another red cent on an aftermarket parts again unless it is a turbo kit. The small amounts of horsepower gains from exhaust and all that other junk are not worth it for a couple of hp.I am going to buy a new sled next fall and leave er stock, just a can for sound.Slp is lieing about the horespower their pipes put out too!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the site,.

Take it to Rob at the Mod Shop east of Grande Prairie, best engine modder north of Edmonton. He has a dyno and can map everything for you.

killerrf

Reaction score

$3500 seems high. should be able to get the whole pipe set for around $675 CAN and the fuel controller for around $380 CAN plus tax. where did the other $2000 come from? dyno time that high? with the HO 800 i dont think i would bother with mods... for what you pay and little increase, reliability and void warranty issues... probably not worth it. if it was a 1000 then mod forsure. that one is somewhat lacking stock... at least i feel mine is. what kind of intake did you put on?

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did Echo do any porting ? Take a look at the SLP web site.Their one package sounds the same as what you did to your sled and they do porting on the engine.One thing I have seen is that once you mod up a sled you will be doing more tuning trying to get it like the old sled but with more hp.My o7/M8 has y pipe, can, air horn,and changed my oil to Spectro it runs sweet now.Good Luck.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All these exhaust companies are garbage. How can you claim that much horsepower? 17-23 hp with and exhaust out of an 800cc engine, and my truck only gains 15 hp? its a 5.7L! Its just as bad as no-toil claiming 7 hp on a bone stock YZ250F out of an airfilter! if thats the case, then I want 5 filters on my bike.

wannaturbo

Reaction score
pretty silly to spend $3500.00 for 8 to 10 hp when for $4500.00 to $6000.00 you can pump gas turbo and make 40 to 50 Hp extra. I know this cause last Month I installed a Push Turbo Kit on my M8 and it works perfertly. best money ever spent.

xp-kicks-M8-ass

Reaction score
dont be a turbo homo!!!! just buy the auto tune and let it create a map and plug it in. Should see 165+ hp out of that thing.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont be a turbo homo!!!! just buy the auto tune and let it create a map and plug it in. Should see 165+ hp out of that thing.
Have u or anyone else on here tried the autotune? I installed the PCV on my M1000 along with exhaust etc and would like to hear from anyone actually using the autotune!!

xp-kicks-M8-ass

Reaction score
yeah auto tune works good, turn it on and ride around for a couple hours.
upload the trims to exsisting map and then send map in to the controller. Work the first time for me.

Top Bottom