2010 dragon????

chezandy0

Reaction score
with all of these problems im reading about do you think its still a wise idea to spring check a new 2010 dragon in the 800 or should i wait till these problems are solved .im not trying to be negative im just lookin for some info

thanx Andy:confused:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get lots of warrenty with it!!!! I would look for a 09 left over same sled way cheaper.

deanaucoin

Reaction score
Wait for the fix before spending any of your hard earned money.Remember the Fusion?? The fix should be out by the week ending May 22nd at the latest. Lets see if Polaris can walk the walk,or are they just spouting off.I have a 2008 700 SW and 2009 800 SW and i heard a nasty roumor that there maybe having the same issues with some 2008 700's.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow check away............just take the warrenty and you will be fine they are really fun to drive and easy to handle.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away, run to the hills.:d Ya getting extra warranty would save the money from having to fix it but there is something to be said about having a sled you can trust day in day out. $13,000 is alot of money to have tied up in something that spends just as much time in the shop as it does on the snow. To waste money on one a guy would have to be :confused:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow check away............just take the warrenty and you will be fine they are really fun to drive and easy to handle.

Any sled is easy to handle when it doesn't go anywhere but to the shop:d

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away, run to the hills.:d Ya getting extra warranty would save the money from having to fix it but there is something to be said about having a sled you can trust day in day out. $13,000 is alot of money to have tied up in something that spends just as much time in the shop as it does on the snow. To waste money on one a guy would have to be :confused:
Hey you could sell your car and maybe buy 3 Polairis`s then you would have a spare every time one is in the shop. I think I would doo that if I had your car:404:

94fordguy

the way things sound the 2010 should have all bugs worked out of them. i snowchecked mine already.

I like Polaris, but keep in mind... That is exactly what they said for 2009... I will believe it when I see it.

I really want to buy a new 800 RMK next spring, but it will depend how they hold up the first half of the season:beer:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does this mean your a Green Peace worker or a tree hugger:p:p

Actually if I was a green peace worker or tree hugger you'd think i'd be sticking with the more efficient four stroke yamatons and if I had tons of cash i'd still be riding a yamaha but with a turbo. But unfortunately a guys gotta live within his means and alls I can afford is a stocker 2010 M8. Plus green peace and tree huggers are 100% useless.:d

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
Any sled is easy to handle when it doesn't go anywhere but to the shop:d

at least its not made by the japanese who dont even ride in the mountains....the only way u get a yamaha up the hill and not get stuck is to shell out an extra 15g's to make it fast and light weight..other than when there stock there junk they may last long but are like riding fat chicks

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least its not made by the japanese who dont even ride in the mountains....the only way u get a yamaha up the hill and not get stuck is to shell out an extra 15g's to make it fast and light weight..other than when there stock there junk they may last long but are like riding fat chicks
Jap's ride the mountains too, check out the thread over on SW about it, a guide service posted on there, they are in the same distance from the equator as US/Canada, get significant snowfall, etc.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jap's ride the mountains too, check out the thread over on SW about it, a guide service posted on there, they are in the same distance from the equator as US/Canada, get significant snowfall, etc.

did you look at the pics, he didnt have one yamaha sled to rent, they were polaris and ski-doo. It would be like going to germany and driving a chevy (not complaining i would ride a polaris or a ski-doo over a yamaha any day) but you get the point.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Buddy you should maybe check your geography a little better. Japan is mostly mountains with some places in the mountains up north of Hokkaido that get 30-40 feet of snowfall a year. And just recently in the last five years they have become more tolerant of people riding the backcountry on snowboards, skis and snowmobiles. And ya the yammis are a little heavy and a little underpowered but you can't fathem how good the ergo's are on them. They handle and ride quite nice and I have never been on a sled easier to sidehill than the phazer mtx or nytro mtx. If I wasn't a new home owner I'd have the extra cash and turbo up a nytro and spank little polaris' all day, but unfortunately all I can afford is a new M8 and that should be easily capable of walking on some poos:d

Top Bottom