2010 dragon 800 blown after one ride???

mechyannick

Reaction score
doing some research, 2010 dragon 800 stock, 4000km blown eng, redone top end, replaced oil and fuel filter as they wheir somewhat clugged, the sled ran beautiful, and went riding for a full day with out any problem!, next day go again did 4 k...blew again!!
anybody with same experience? advice? what are the common problem with those sled??
thanks for feedback

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
I am sorry but get rid of it, had a 09 dragon, POS, polaris cut corners in 08, 09, 10. I do have a 12 and it runs good.

Jonathan1986

Reaction score
Have you looked into the PMS fix kit yet? Talk to chris with parkland motorsports in stony plain. I just finished putting it into my sled along with all the parts he sends his sleds out with and the sled is running great. Broke it in and had it in the mountains last weekend. The PMS fix kit seems to b cleaning up the issues. ive blown two stock motors one at 50kms and the other at a 1000 kms on the sled both were due to a lean condition.

Poolsharkbrad

Reaction score
I too have a lot of problems with my 2010 polaris 800 dragon sp I have 1000 miles on it and its on its 4th motor the dealer told me that its a crank seal problem so I redid every thing new crank to new head $4800 later and only 400miles it did it agin what sucks the most 12,500 for this junk and on trade In he was willing to give me $4000 with the new motor in it

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the engines are not good that,s for sure. you have to put the fix kit that motor has short rods,thin skirts

nabr

Reaction score
I have a 2010 with 3000 miles. I have never had a problem with it untill today. I ride vary agressive, i ride it like i stole it. I was told to stay away from an RPM of 5500. They run lean at that RPM

Newgen

Reaction score
Have you looked into the PMS fix kit yet? Talk to chris with parkland motorsports in stony plain. I just finished putting it into my sled along with all the parts he sends his sleds out with and the sled is running great. Broke it in and had it in the mountains last weekend. The PMS fix kit seems to b cleaning up the issues. ive blown two stock motors one at 50kms and the other at a 1000 kms on the sled both were due to a lean condition.

Did you put the 08 fuel map in it? I just put the Pms kit in my '10 800 and it runs amazing with out the 08 map. (I do have the SLP Stage 3 map in my PCV)

Top Bottom